2014 Veloster Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

20132163259_ccd6aed245_o.jpg

so my season is almost over. i've officially half-gutted the cat converter (the part that won't throw a CEL) and removed the HKS BOV / metal cold pipe. my sponsor is finally sending me the shifter and trans bushing hardware i wanted. 6th element engineering. i will be installing porterfield carbon-kevlar pads tomorrow.

in the spring i will be a installing a heat-shedding finned metal hot-pipe (it runs from the firewall to the radiator support), as well as an OEM replacement big core intercooler.

i've won 9 of 9 events i've entered this season (of 11 so far) with 3 left. it is a clean sweep in CART DSP over a modded focus ST and a grey-area worked jetta wagon 1.8T as well as a bunch of top 10 finishes! i've got a time of 1:31:xx at TSMP which at TNIA was faster than any of the few documented FWD cars for that particular event. my corvette/mustange/porsche v8 rwd CART buddies are running between 1:22-1:25 and prepared miata buddies are running 1:25-1:30 so i'm pretty happy with my times so far. will be heading to Palmer next month.

just cracked 32K for my 11th oil change... today.

it has been a good year for my hyundai veloster turbo.

sunday i will be coaching kids in berlin CT on how to control their car in oversteer/understeer conditions through CART's teach program aka "TireRack.com street survival series" for teens.

How are the classes broken out? Are you in a stock, fwd class?

i'm in D Street Prepared. basically allows minor bolt ons (I/H/E/mounts) suspension changes (open, as long as OE mounting points), 1 inch wider or taller wheels, 1 additional swaybar. tw40 tires max.

i've got a nominally balanced suspension setup (ksports) with an add-on rear bar (pierce), and racing slicks. but i can also run my star specs in the class with favorable results.

i also have a bunch of filler stuff (6EE shifter bushings) and next season i hope to have WL caster correcting bushings, a refreshed alignment, etc.

i'm in D Street Prepared. basically allows minor bolt ons (I/H/E/mounts) suspension changes (open, as long as OE mounting points), 1 inch wider or taller wheels, 1 additional swaybar. tw40 tires max.

i've got a nominally balanced suspension setup (ksports) with an add-on rear bar (pierce), and racing slicks. but i can also run my star specs in the class with favorable results.

i also have a bunch of filler stuff (6EE shifter bushings) and next season i hope to have WL caster correcting bushings, a refreshed alignment, etc.
Nice, sounds like a great class to be running street legal cars. Keeps it fun.

Saw this yesterday and thought of you TurboMirage. Love the license plate, lol

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

In a random act a local was selling a 60mm throttle body from a 2011+ Elantra so I added a barb for my cars extra vacuum line and swapped it on. My stock one is 57mm and the intake manifold doesn't need to be port matched. It is also a little polished inside and out.
image.jpeg

i bought Xenon Elements finned coated hot pipe (removes 2 clamps, and the awful rubber pipes) and i'm waiting for it to come in. this weekend i picked up a set of gently used carbon fiber fenders and a new in box carbon fiber rear spoiler.

also switching out the blue konigs for a set of no-name wheels that look like rotas lol. so tired of cleaning all those fucking spokes.

Back