3040 VS 4040 proportioning valve swap theory...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2005, 09:03 AM
supposedly, the fronts are NEVER regulated, but rather fluid is taken away from the rears...
[post=514282]Quoted post[/post]​

from lots of the articles ive read, that's how its supposed to work.

Which would m,ake sense looking inside. Not having to regulate two sides would explain the same working interior parts on both sides.

okay there are a few pics

523184_46_full.jpg

523184_48_full.jpg

523184_47_full.jpg

Someone said earlier that the prop valve allows full flow to the fronts and limits the backs..... you win nothing but are right...lol.

I did not realize the brakes are cross plumbed. Meaning front/left and right/rear and the opposite..

The black oxide spool has 2 holes in them. I measure .097 for the larger one between the oringd and the little one at the end is about .03. That is not an accurate measurement to small for my calipers. I will attempt to get better measurements tomorrow at a customers.

Both ends are identical...... my spring is blue and may be a clue to the differences we are looking for. From studying the parts it looks like the large blue spring holds open both the front and the back.

I wish i could look at the inside of the black oxide housing. I refuse to dis assemble mine. It is going on a working car and I do not have microscope size tools to safely do it. Anyone wisshing to send me a spare and I will hack away at it. Anyway I cannot determine exactly how I think it works. I know the smaller inner spring is an assist spring to the inner working of this part. There is a small plunger on the end of the black oxide piece that is depressed upon assembly. I believe that as pressure builds the large spring force is over come and the rears get reduced flow.

There also may be a ratio in the size of the orifice that is part of the difference too....

edit: one of the pics did not show...WTF????

I can send you mine, my wife would be happy to get rid of my "junk" :)

PM my your address.

I just re read some of the posts and 92b 16vx you said that the I.D.'s apeared to be different sizes. Do you have a caliper to measure them, on the 4040 it is .385. I think that is why the color is different. Auto companies regularly color code different parts for easy identification.

Any color left on the main spring. From what I just read (stopbrake link provided by a member) this is what controls the pressure of when the bias occurs.

I don't know about the rest of you but I am learning a lot from this. But as usual the more I learn the more questions I have.

Pissed off delsol, Do not consider putting a bias on the fronts or if a bias is ultimately required you must remove the OEM bias.

The large main spring in the 3040 is white :)

I'll send this out to you as I don't have a way to measure anything this small.

Yes, I am, buit not for long, should be back home in about two months :) Should have been sooner, but we are waiting on my wifes visa, silly immigration.

I will try to get them out early next week.

Any news or updates on this yet? I am going through the same debate right now.

DA rears stock fronts. 88-91 Lude MC 15/16 with ss lines. DA's trailing arms are rebuilt with poly. I do a lot of autox so I figured I may just stick with the stock 3030 (91 DX Hatch) and see how it goes...

Hey guys, I'm new here but have been reading on some of the forums for a while.
I own a 96 integra ls and I am in the process of a small wire tuck and abs removal.
So today I went to the salvage yard today and found a early 90's civic 4 door I needed the pv I was under the assumption that this was the 40/40 but found out after I had bought it that it is a 30/30.
Found out that the Integra Rs is the one that has the 40/40 not sure of any other honda/acuras that do or not.
any ways I am stumped.
This is the Site that I got the information I needed to do the swap great info. ----
-->ABS Removal Guide - Team Integra
Now at the bottom of the first post it starts to say how all the brake line are attatched more or less where.
Except it does not seem very discriptive I see that this thread is very well in knowing about the prop valve I know that I have been told to use the 40/40 for the integra but this is all I can find in the mean time till I can afford 165 for a new one no yard have any.
If any one can give me a diagram of where each line would hook up this would be great my email is jsleeper81@yahoo.com and I am a member of clubintegra.com
as well.
thanks for the help guys and by the way reading this thread has helped me understand some of the diferences now

Back