4 To 5 Bolt Patern.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ovcrash

Is there any compagnie or kit that is made to change de 4 bolt pattern to a 5 bolt pattern on a civic 97 HB?

Thanks for your help :blink:

Yes, the Integra type R (97 and newer) uses a 5 lug pattern. You can do this conversion for about 1300-1500 (usd) with the ITR 5 lug wheels.

Originally posted by ovcrash@Mar 11 2003, 05:58 PM
Is there any compagnie or kit that is made to change de 4 bolt pattern to a 5 bolt pattern on a civic 97 HB?

Thanks for your help :blink:

Get a USDM ITR 5 lug or a JDM CTR 5 lug (both the same).. the JDM ITR 5 lug you will need h-series axles heads.

Complete conversions can be had for 1200-2500. Shop around. :)

thre is a company (forget the name right off hand) that makes an adapter kit that changes the 4 lug to a 5 lug or 4x100 to 4x114 or 5x100. without having to change the whole brake assembly, it acts as a spacer as well but i think it was primarily made for the honda fit, so not sure on the effects of the offset.

the problem with that "spacer" kit is that it still doesn't offer the extra strength of the extra lug. yeah, 5 go to the wheel, but there's still only 4 on the hub

tru, but dont know that many people that swap to 5 lug for the strength of the extra wheel stud. and i dont feel any less safe with 4 studs versus 5 :p

other than the larger brakes, thats the reason why i would go to 5-lug.
but at this stage, i really don't think im going 5 lug on my car.... maybe next year.

agreed...its mostly about looks for people. and it adds alot of weight to the car. but i admit it ...i had 5 lug on my car :rolleyes:

5 lugs are great, but why go with a heavier brake? I mean the bigger rotor and larger brake system only weighs more. If you're putting this on an INTEGRA, then the idea might seem useful, but the stock brake system is good to control a 2000-2500lb car.

Originally posted by ALLJDM@Mar 12 2003, 01:44 PM
5 lugs are great, but why go with a heavier brake? I mean the bigger rotor and larger brake system only weighs more. If you're putting this on an INTEGRA, then the idea might seem useful, but the stock brake system is good to control a 2000-2500lb car.

The stock brake system sucks. I mean... really sucks. Going with larger brakes doesn't always mean more weight either... the stock calipers are pretty heavy on their own.

when you say stock brakes really suck, which stock brakes are u referring to and why do u say they suck so bad? from my exp. integra sized 4lug brakes are more than enough for a integra let alone a civic.

5lug is nice, pros: can use a stock pad at the track with no problem, no fading no over heating and its a larger brake set up that still uses a oem pad. cons: really heavy, locks rears pretty easily with a 4040prop, $$$. i dont think its worth they money if performance is ur only concern tho.

willwood kit - very good kit (brian at fastbrakes sells a great product at a good price and customer service is one of the best out there). pros: good peddle feel (more pistons), light weight, larger rotor. cons: gotta order pads, cant just stop at pepboys and pick up a set if u need, sometimes need different rims or spacers and extended studs. over all a great upgrade and works great. i wanted to go back to oem tho that was my reason for getting rid of the kit.

Back