6th gen accord engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eljose

hey wus up i'm jose Ima new in the forum I need to know if there is an engine that can be swaped to my 2001 honda accord 2.3l vtec, I red on the internet about a prelude engine but I can't find engine numbers nor other info related. I need help plz
thank you

H22A4 is probably the engine you want to look for. Especially if you are in california due to the smog laws. if you know what you are doing you can change from an OBD2 to OBD1 in just about every other state, you just have to find an H22. A word of warning. If you get the H22A4, the ECU has an immobilizer on it, and it will need to be reprogrammed at a honda dealer.

wus up man, yoo I live in the MIA , thanks 4 the number wus looking everywhere, here there is no emmision regulation, but do I have to swap also the transmision or can I left the accord's transmision?
thanks.

pd : Wilma.... u just forgot that we are Latinos N we proud

forgot to say that i got a manual transmi
thanks

Quoted post[/post]]
hey wus up i'm jose Ima new in the forum I need to know if there is an engine that can be swaped to my 2001 honda accord 2.3l vtec, I red on the internet about a prelude engine but I can't find engine numbers nor other info related. I need help plz
thank you

hey you can run a h22a1 or h22a4 in your car but i depends on the smog test where you live b/c i have research the same engine for my car the h22 puts out 190 horses at 6800 rpms and 161 ft torque

Quoted post[/post]]
thank you

hey you can run a h22a1 or h22a4 in your car but i depends on the smog test where you live b/c i have research the same engine for my car the h22 puts out 190 horses at 6800 rpms and 161 ft torque and they have been bolting h22 to factory accord transmissins since 1993

Quoted post[/post]]
H22A4 is probably the engine you want to look for. Especially if you are in california due to the smog laws. if you know what you are doing you can change from an OBD2 to OBD1 in just about every other state, you just have to find an H22. A word of warning. If you get the H22A4, the ECU has an immobilizer on it, and it will need to be reprogrammed at a honda dealer.

hey you can use h22a4 and run a odb2 down to odb1 conversion harness

well the A4 IS Obd2...so why get a harness.

Yes, you can use your accord tranny, but most swaps come with a transmission and ecu in the states. I dont know the way it is where you are, but if you can only get the engine youll still be okay. if you get an H22A1 or H22A you will have to buy a conversion harness and an ECU (P13 or P72 with a tuning program).

if you get the H22A4, you can swap the engine in with almost no fuss. You will have to get an OBD2 Prelude ECU (still think its called a P13) and to do it the right way, you will have to take your car to a honda dealer to start it. They will need to replace the ignition with one coded for your ecu's immobilizer. The other option is you can remove the immobilizer chip, but your CEL will be on. Most places any dash light will automatically fails you for inspection.

thanks 4 the info, so when i get the car to the dealer, i have to bring my engine receipt and the ECU's receipt + money to pay for the inmobilizer recoding correct?

from what i understand, yes. Call your dealer and make sure they can do it. Ask what they will need. If you could post it, for future reference for us.

good, but can u explain me what to say to em cuz u know these dealer people that if they don't understand they go like: we are dealer we don't take part of any engine modif bla bla bla (maricones)
thnx

I dunno about your dealer, but hell, mine even sells the AEM v2 intake. Basically you need to tell them that you blew your engine (something along those lines) and you want to swap an H22 because its the best price. The problem is you have an immobilizer on the ECU, and you need your ignition reporgrammed. Ask what they can do to help you with that...you can provide all recipts.

If you are knowledgable, and nice, then the people working there can be cool. They hate ricers that have no idea what they are doing, so represent yourself professionally when you walk in.........They let me borrow special tools and look in their personal reference manuals.

my .02

Quoted post[/post]]
thank you
hmotoronline.com sells full swaps i would go with a jdm motor if i was you..if you dont care about being smog legal. theres ways around it. the type s jdm motor would be the best one to get because of the wiring hasle being that its already obd 2 and the fact that thats the type r of H series motors..it has a stock crank hp of 220 and torque of 163. then get a motor mount kit if you need one for that car ..that engine comes stock with LSD. and you might be able to use your stock wire harness from your accord if its vtec.

definitely an option if you have the money for it. the 190hp a4 is probably more readily available (97-2001 lude). And i think you said you were in Mexico or something. I dunno what Hmotors does about international orders.

Back