7000+ MPH.......OMGZ...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that is fucking madness

the best part about it

it was an 8 year 230 million dollar project...

and

"After burnout, the vehicle descended and splashed into the ocean, as planned, and will not be recovered "

nice job tossing 230 million bucks into the ocean dipshits

"the vehicle descended and splashed into the ocean, as planned, and will not be recovered"

"Reinforced carbon-carbon composite material was added to the leading edges of the vehicle's vertical fins for this week's flight"

I wanna go fishing for some material to make body panels with. :lol:

it never fails to amaze me the bullshit our country will come up with to spend our taxes on

Originally posted by micah@Nov 18 2004, 07:21 PM
it never fails to amaze me the bullshit our country will come up with to spend our taxes on
[post=418897]Quoted post[/post]​

Fine, you wanna keep the thing? Ride in it.

I'd like to see you control an aircraft that can circle the globe in 3 hours.

I can guarantee that the government currently spends that much in a day on useless things all the time. This was research, or are you against the whole science thing?

:werd:

Research and progress are a good thing. California politicians spending money to put bums' stolen shopping carts into refrigerated storage is not.

Originally posted by Sabz5150+Nov 18 2004, 08:48 PM-->
@Nov 18 2004, 07:21 PM

I can guarantee that the government currently spends that much in a day on useless things all the time. This was research, or are you against the whole science thing?
[post=418926]Quoted post[/post]​

the fact is there is absolutely no point in having an aircraft that can circle the globe in 3 hours.
can you tell me what the purpose of that aircraft is and why its important to spend 230 million dollars on it?
im not against science or research, but id rather they raise the funds for it like any independent scientist and not waste my tax dollars on it when they could be better spent fixing the shitloads of problems we have in our country

Originally posted by micah+Nov 18 2004, 09:22 PM-->
Originally posted by Sabz5150@Nov 18 2004, 08:48 PM
micah
@Nov 18 2004, 07:21 PM

[post=418926]Quoted post[/post]​

the fact is there is absolutely no point in having an aircraft that can circle the globe in 3 hours.
can you tell me what the purpose of that aircraft is and why its important to spend 230 million dollars on it?
im not against science or research, but id rather they raise the funds for it like any independent scientist and not waste my tax dollars on it when they could be better spent fixing the shitloads of problems we have in our country
[post=418940]Quoted post[/post]​

There was absolutely no point in flight. There was absolutely no point in going into space. There was absolutely no point in landing on the moon.

Purposes? Hmmm... I dunno... how about shoving a missile up Osama's ass from your backyard in 30 minutes flat. Sub-orbital passenger aircraft, trips to anywhere on the globe in under two hours. Trips between research facilities and the ISS without the need of a space shuttle. Of course locking in a low earth orbit requires a speed of about Mach 26 so we've got a ways to go.

And talk about spyplanes the likes of which nobody has ever imagined.

You also unfortunately limit your views of technological applications to THIS planet. Flights between Mars outposts and orbital craft, for example. A space shuttle type vehicle would be completely impractial in that sort of situation.

Your government wastes tax dollars like there's no tomorrow. I'd prefer seeing my money used to further technological advancement that has substancial uses than spent to watch my every move 24/7.

whats the point in going to outer space when we dont even know what is in the ocean : :ph34r:

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Nov 18 2004, 10:50 PM
whats the point in going to outer space when we dont even know what is in the ocean : :ph34r:
[post=418979]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a lot more outer space than deep blue. That and we can deal with zero gravity a bit better than crushing pressure.

Back