8.9 earth quake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There up to 24,000 dead..that's was at diner time...
and they say that the Wave that it the island was about 30 feet high, that's like a building of 3 stories(sp?) high...

on top of that, they say the title wave was moving as fast as 500 mph

I just read that the earthquake and subsequent tsunami wave actually managed to jolt the Earth's Rotation.

Holy shit. It's not enough to reenact "Damnation Alley" but it is enough to cause a global sideeffect.

I'm going to part ways with any article on the internet for a moment. I'll let you in on what this has caused, or possibly caused.

1) Time is set off. Now, it didn't rip time/space, but if rotation was thrown off in any way, then sunset and sunrise figures have been changed. Even if by tenths of a minute.

2) Gaia hypothesis (Or "Butterfly effect" for some of you elementary types) teaches us that the earth, while not in direct terms, is all a system of itself. Butterfly flaps it wings, and prices of gasoline goes up. This is not a butterfly flapping it's wings. This is major. Oil, food, weather, global warming (or cooling.. hey, maybe we're saved!) lunar tidal models, iceberg breaks or undersea currents will affect us in a very distinct way, and very quickly.

3) What happened here is nothing short of what happened in Pompeii. The future of an entire continent has been effected, and the balance of race and nations has shifted. At Pacific Asian population growth patterns, The islands have been affected in a way that shoots them back in time about 1000 years. Not necessarily a bad thing.

4) The Gene pool has been effected. All of the minute changes in those people are wiped out. Also, the genetic impurites that have been working their way through the Human Genome for so long. They say that by the years 3000 something, there will be no more redheaded people .. and possibly no more blonde haired people. This may have affected that pattern.

5) With a great loss, especially in "our time" (1900-now) comes a great opportunity to rebuild. Japan saw this - And from the moment they were decimated in WWII, the rebuild that followed was incredible. Sri Lanka, Singapore, all those areas along the Burma rift could be major centers of civilization and human progress in the next 40 years. Perhaps sooner. Learn the language, teach your kids.

Prepare for a change in the weather - And also expect this to have a profound effect on us in the near future.

-> Steve

also where the earthqauke happened, the plates pushed so hard together it formed a small underwater mountain

On a scale of natural disasters, this one is possibly the biggest in a very long time. Compared to the population of the planet, though, 50000 people is a drop in the bucket. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not tragic and unfortunate - because it is. I guess I'm just a bit of a cynic that prefers the bigger picture.

well, ive got a copy if anyone wants to hit me up on messenger hokuten12(at)hotmail.com, i should be here for another hour or so

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Dec 28 2004, 12:10 PM
On a scale of natural disasters, this one is possibly the biggest in a very long time. Compared to the population of the planet, though, 50000 people is a drop in the bucket. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not tragic and unfortunate - because it is. I guess I'm just a bit of a cynic that prefers the bigger picture.
[post=438164]Quoted post[/post]​

ok the chain reaction of 50k down is going to fuck ALOT of shyt up

Kind of like the hundreds of thousands of people killed in the 1940s? Uh huh. I doubt that much change will come as a direct result of the deaths of the people - at least not here. There will be economical issues, which we are more likely to see, due to the heavy impact to many high-dollar tourism and resort areas. Most likely a massive rebuild/period of advancement, if these countries can get it together. Personally, I'm just not feeling affected by it in much of any way. It's tragic that life was lost at all, but it doesn't effect me directly. If that makes me an ignorant, sinister bastard then so be it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Dec 28 2004, 01:10 PM
[post=438164]Quoted post[/post]​

He is right. 56000 is HUGE however, it is only .01% of the worlds population.

Back