88-91 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaracer1

i need help.. i currently hav a 88-91 crx its a dx... i am lookin into a dohc from a first gen integra.. i heard that u can use the stock dx tranny to mount to the LS .. if thats so.. then i wouldnt need to change the axles right? now what all do i need to swap the LS into my crx.. i am gettin my motor from a salvage yard and the motor has 68,000k... so thats good right? and i just need to knwo what i need to make it work.. i had the dx built but blew the motor. have new clutch and flywheel for the dx tranny.. hopefully it will fit to the LS.. since they are both dx model motors... please write me back.. or send email...

jkal205@netscape.net

i dont think the good ol' d16a1 will be that great of a swap. yes it is dohc but has nowhere near the potential of an ls or a ZC. i would save a little more money and at least get a zc if not b18a or b16. do it right the first time and save yourself alot of time/money. you'll be sorry you did it with that motor.

ok..you said first gen integra then you said LS...the 1st gen integras didn't come with the LS (b18a/B) motor and i'm not sure if the first gen integra motor will bolt to the crx tranny...most likely it will since they are both D-series...now if you are referig to the actual b18a/b motor...then NO that motor won't bolt up to th crx tranny...i know that for a fact...and as one zexy crx said...jus save some money and get a b16...you'llbe way happier with it :D

Ok..I've been researching the same swap(89 Si) so here's what I know ... The only thing that will bolt up to your trans is a D series motor, which includes the 130 Hp JDM ZC.. The LS you refered to I'm guessing is a B18. All B series motors require a Different trans. There is several different cable operated transmissions available, one of which comes from the 90-93 Integra. The 94 and up Int have a hydraulic trans which won't work in your car. The clutch has to fit the engine. Also, any Bseries swap requires special mounts from Hasport or Place racing or???. About $400... Easiest swap is 89-91 JDM SiR B16a1 which uses a cable trans and is 160 Hp.
Pappy

Steel Buster, The b16a would be a good swap for his/her CRX, but not the easiest, the easiest would be a ZC, but the B16a would be better for a little more work and a little more money.

I'm doing a ZC swap in my CRX i looked at the B16 swap, B16 motor is $1500 mounts $300 an labor, totals out to about $2500 with labor.

ZC motor is 1000 complet swap shiped install is direct bolt on totals out to about $1500
Now you got 1000 left to get new pistons, rods an rings. an over time get sleeves an bulit proff the motor.
I figgered 30 HP isn't worth 1000, specialy when with that i can almost bulit proof a motor to handle alot more HP VIA nitrois or boost

I'm doing my ZC swap myself, 730 for the engine, shipped, 25 for a water pump, 25 more for a timing belt, only expenses I've needed due to the swap. I did need a clutch, but I'm not going to count that since it was down to the rivets anyway, and probably had a month or two at best on it.

Oh I guess I should also add in the 25 for replacement tools that we snapped :lol:

Living in Germany I have had the pleasure of owning a 1.6i-16 which has the 124hp dohc ZC,and driving the VTi with B16A1.The B16 was far better and IMO worth the extra time and money.

Originally posted by Shri222@Mar 4 2003, 04:15 PM
I'm doing a ZC swap in my CRX i looked at the B16 swap, B16 motor is $1500 mounts $300 an labor, totals out to about $2500 with labor.

ZC motor is 1000 complet swap shiped install is direct bolt on totals out to about $1500
Now you got 1000 left to get new pistons, rods an rings. an over time get sleeves an bulit proff the motor.
I figgered 30 HP isn't worth 1000, specialy when with that i can almost bulit proof a motor to handle alot more HP VIA nitrois or boost

y do have a point about the extra $1000 you have left in your pocket but a decent intake, decent, exaust, and some decent headers will run you any where from $750-$1000...$1000 being you bought good name brand sh*t...say all you spent was $750...means now you have $250 to spend on what-ever...but my point is..that extra grand in your pocket you spent on the bolt ons i listed isn't going to get you that 30hp difference..plus you still won't have vtec :lol: just my opinion...but other feel different

VTEC is overrated! :p (j/k)

Everyone was trying to convince me to do a B16 instead of ZC, but it does work out to be much cheaper to go ZC. since you can use your stock tranny and axles, you cut out buying that, ($350?) you can use your stock ECU, (150ish), stock motor mounts, unless they are destroyed, so even then you save a good 150. so you are already up to saving a good $650. Besides there is much more work wiring it and putting in motor mounts which adds up in a mechanics cut if you dont do it yourself. Is 650 worth the 30 hp and 5 lbs of torque?

actually you can find a b18a pretty cheap instead of the zc motor....little more work but more torque because it has a longer stroke plus they are easy to find in the UnitedStates, and torque is harder to make then hp(that goes to all you vtecs)i dont know where you live but im buying a 93 intergra b18 with the axles,ecu,tranny, and harness for 1000 and has 67k miles...the b18 is easier to find parts for....my friend has a 92 gsr motor in his crx....its bone stock we smoked a WRX it was crazy so i was like damn im swapping but i dont like vtec :) so if you look around and find a smashed up integra or just call a tard and ask if they have a swap and they will let ya know.........and i almost did the zc swap but i live in cali and its not legal

Back