90 accord won't crank. Main relay?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slicker2ya07

So after replacing my head gasket got it all put back together mostly (motor mount, alt, power steering) are not hooked up yet.. Alt is plugged in.. I push the clutch and turn the key I get nothing.. Replaced the starter thinking the solenoid was junk but that failed.. Not even attempting to turn over. I am guessing its the main relay but want a second opinion. Everything besides what I mentioned above is hooked up.. After turning my key to try and start it check engine light comes on really dim and something starts buzzing under dash.. I let go of the clutch buzzing stops.. As stated will not crank.. And even trying to short the solenoid to crank it still nothing.. I WANT MY CAR BAAAACKKK .... WAHHHHHHHHHH lol.. Miss my 20+ psi 2 door badass..

Screenshot_2016-03-31-21-57-39.png

Let's see this turbocharged 20 psi Accord you have, also your post is very vague and there's so many variables it needs to be looked at to diagnose

Grounds?

I agree....too many variables and not enough information to assist you further.

Wtf is so vague about it.. Stock motor no ac power steering or alternator is not mounted back up.. Point is after taking top end apart and puting it back together besides those 3 things it will not start.. I did plug in the alternator thinking it mightve had something to do with and set it on top the motor just to give it a quick start but it wouldnt even bother turning over.. And cafrog you were correct about grounds.. After sitting there having a beer wondering wtf it could be I happened to glance over and seen a small ground cable that I remember taking off the power steering mounting bracket.. That was it. I cannot believe this thing only has one ground cable.. Guess I'll be adding a couple extras.. I have never actually went over this entire car didnt realise nor think that one ground would cause all that bs..

Work in progress.. bought a carbon fiber hood that someone spray painted over off local facebook group.. stock cam and crank. 9.5 pistons stock rods all new bearings.. bought used garrett turbo and upgraded spring in wastegate. Waiting on my tial bov to come in..

Attachments

• 20160203_160456.jpg
    20160203_160456.jpg
    887.4 KB · Views: 263
Bought it motor taken apart.. put bottem end together with all new seals and bearings left the top end original... Blew head gasket shortly after.. tried to cut corners for a while and that backfired. So I ordered all new cometic top end mls and arp studs..

Attachments

• received_935366876545935.jpeg
    received_935366876545935.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 270
Lol my fiesta does 26.5 on stock turbo... im just saying that things a clobbered up murdered out turd if its really even turbocharged, if you have money to burn take it to a professional instead of scratching your head

It looks like the intercooler is just sitting behind your chicken wire grill, sweet r32 bumper dood
Screenshot_2016-04-07-08-27-11.png

It looks like the intercooler is just sitting behind your chicken wire grill, sweet r32 bumper doodView attachment 24613
Hey I bought it like this.. Lol. Only thing I've done is injectors 550cc turbo and 2.5 inch exhaust. Plus ARP studs.. Got new rods pistons and bearings coming n installed digital controller for turbo with 38mm tial bov and a 25 pound spring in wastegate.. Its still getting there.. Been searching for another cam to send to delta for a mild lopey idle concentrating on mid range is what I'm hoping for.. The body came like that... Dunno why previous owner actually cut the bumper under the cover to mount the intercooler rather than mounting it on the bottom. Recently gave it a street tune using turbo edit.. Needs to go to a dyno but I got it close

Last edited:
Back