90 CRX DX H22A swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xasraelx

So I was hoping to do an engine swap on my 90 CRX DX and put in an H22A engine instead, but I'm not sure what all I'd have to do/buy in order to do this properly. So any information on parts, wiring, prices, etc. that anyone could offer would help me out alot. Thanks guys. :D

save your money and put something else in.
the mount kit, modifications and all will be costly.
plus the h22 is heavy. it will greatly disrupt the weight distribution of the whole car, unless your building it for straight drag bc it will suck ass going around curves.
and for the money you spend on getting that h in there you can turbo a b or d.

Ah I didn't really know that. Yeah I'll think I'll stick with a B16A or something then. Thanks for the help.

hell, if you were about to drop the cash on an h22 swap, put a gsr motor in there.

no, damn, i forgot to update that. sold it last week.

but a gsr in a crx will be fun. it has more tq than a b16. you'll be much happier. and later on you can put a b16 head on the block and have a poormans type r.

How much do the GSR motors usually go for? Haven't really done my research on too many motors =]

Oh and what difference would the B16 head make?

gsr seems to run about 2k for the motor. check around localy to see if anybody near you has one they are selling. cheaper that way.
check out Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com
or www.tigejapanese.com
you may also find a few in the forsale forum.

the b16 head gives a little more power. the b16 head and the type r head are almost the same except the type r comes with more aggressive cams and a mild port and polish from the factory.

just an FYI...i dont know why people keep saying the H22 will "disrupt the weight distribution of the whole car", but thats just some BS.

One of the fastest AutoX cars in N. Texas is a H22 CRX. Granted he has a lot of suspension work done, but im just tired of seeing that rumor floating around.

Its a FF, even with 50/50 weight distribution, the handling is gonna be jacked. The H22 is not THAT much heavier than the GSR, so im just confused as to where that rumor started.

H22 is a long swap duration. Expect 3 months to be set aside and an extra $1000 in welding parts and supplies. It is not worth it h22 lack power even though its 2.2 dohc vtec. It is like swapping a k20a tons of parts to buy and wiring clearance motor clearance tranny clearance too much stuff for a novice.;)

no i would def. do a h22 swap everyone has there own thoughts about it but h22 puts down bout 200hp in a 2100 pound car vs a d16 thats good and a gsr swap is a joke and weight its not much bigger than b18......and cutting i dint have to cut nothing in my 89 crx so i dont know bout all that.........but all u would need to buy is......h22 lol, axles, mounts, ecu wiring kit, and odd and ends little stuff.......thanks

Jdm h22 swap for CRX

I might know of a a complete jdm h22 swap for crx... Clean! Wire conversion for dx, and others models are compatible. 0bd1 conv. W/ ecu and dist., motor/ trans/ mounts/ linkage already fit for a crx, hydrolic to cable conv. For the Clutch cable, throttle cable, axles, has a new timming belt, and already has the ballence shaft eliminated and manual timing belt tensioner w new oem Honda pulleys and water pump! 195 psi on all 4 cyl. + or - 5... Anyone interested shoot me a MSG. Or an email... Benjaminc.56@gmail.com

Back