90 Teg And B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

A friend of mine is getting a 91 Integra and wants to either build it for boost or swap in a b16. My question for you is....... Is the sacrafice of low end torque provided by the b18 worth the extra horses put out by the b16? I know it is extremely easy to build HP but torque is harder to come by. What do you guys think?

Peace*

boost the b16 and it will eat the b18

I was under the impression more torque with a lighter car was an advantage? Sure, you are vastly more prone to wheelspin but if you keep it down - accel will be sensational.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Mar 6 2003, 10:07 PM
I was under the impression more torque with a lighter car was an advantage? Sure, you are vastly more prone to wheelspin but if you keep it down - accel will be sensational.

Torque is nescessary to get any car going,just in a light civic chassis it isn't as nescessary,as say in a heavier teg chassis.

Rebuild the motor with low compression pistons, build up the bottom end, and boost the hell outta it and it will be able to beat a b16, no problem. Plus, you won't have to spend as much as well. good luck.

Originally posted by ekPhred@Mar 7 2003, 12:01 AM
Plus, you won't have to spend as much as well. good luck.

:wtf: Building and boosting not cost as much as what???

say what? you got to build and boost to beat a b16? lol and thats not spending as much?

k, i got a 91 integra with a b16 and i feel that this was the way to go. the b16 cost me 600 bucks from jdmhondaparts.com, and basically that was free because i sold my stock LS motor for 400 bucks, so i paid 200 dollars for a vtec motor. now the thing is, the integra is the same weight as a 99 civic SI, and my friend got a boosted SI and that shit pulls hard. its all a matter of what you want. theres a lot more possibilities with the b16, so thats why i went with that. sure, there is NO torque, but once you boost it, the torque will be very comparable to a boosted LS.

Back