91 Accord Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haccord141

ok i know the h22a fits in my car but i need to know how hard it will be to convert to obd1, or do i have to convert to obd2 if i am gonig with a 2000 prelude engine, and i was also wondering if i needed to change my engine mounts also. do u guys know if i keep my dc sports headers will they fit on the h22, also will my aem short ram intake work on the h22. or should i go with an aem cold air intake. and my car is currently auto and i was wondering how hard it will be if i switched into manuel and what parts i need and how i should do it, should i go with a cable or hydrolic tranny, and is there a price difference. i appreciate the help if would could give me some hints.

Also if anyone lives in so cal could they tell me were to go to do my engine swap, i would like it to be a place were i can get a nice job done without having to lose an arm or a leg.

thanx guys, peace

2000 is OBD2.

You can use your front, rear, and tranny mounts from the Accord, but you'll have to frankenstein the driver's side mount to make it work. Do a search for an explanation.

You won't be able to use your DC header.

You can use your Accord short ram.

Do a search about the auto to manual conversion. It's not easy.

All F- and H-series trannies are hydro trannies. So no worries there.

ok on the driverside are the mounts bolted on, and if they are could i just pull the mount off a prelude and put it on. thanx for the info, dam noe i have to buy another exhaust header for my car great, so i just waisted 400 green ones, so what kind of headers should i go with, but i want to stay street legal, help please, i will try and sell my old headers and buy new ones, crap that sucks, i wish i had found this site before i did anything to my car, fuck, oh well u live and then u learn.

peace

Header. We drive with inline-4 engines. :)

I was in the same boat as you, I'm still trying to get rid of my nearly-new DC header for my old engine. Kinda sucks, but oh well.

Go with DC or GReddy for a header, or if you have some cash, Comptech or Mugen. :)

The driver's side Accord mount is too long for the H22/Accord swap. You can either grind it down, or use half of the Prelude mount (engine half) and half of the Accord mount (chassis side).

Back