91 DX Hatch: Brakes, suspension ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ViejoBlanco

hi all, just acquired a 91 DX Hatch, box stock and AT; and already have spent hours scanning forums and need answers in one place: pit crews for 40 years so am suspension savvy, mechanical savvy; just not about Hondas and FWD. Need to keep AT due to leg surgeries (too many cigarettes and cheeseburgers).
1. First emergency stop today means I go find EX brakes and hubs, at least; any thing else to consider before i go get some reman'd EX stuff?
2. Handling sux as far as quick transitions; forum says get EX front LCA's: what is different from stock besides sway bar mountings. Do they change lower geometry?
3. Rear LCA's: I keep seeing reference to Integra rears; which ones are direct swap in to include sway bar? (brakes and e-brake understood)
4. This thing is going to get springs and shocks pretty soon also. Don't need to go to the Tiens, or anything at that level. This is my commuter but it damn well better go through the esses onto the freeway faster than my long modified beloved 280Z, because it is smaller and lighter.
5. Those esses onto the freeway are uphill and with anything in the way it is really scary when you look in the mirror and just see the shadow of 40K pounds of 18 wheels. So, down the road I will be looking at an engine/trans swap and am curious what you think about a simple bump up to get some beans in this thing.
So, to all of you, I await your input :worthy:

Originally posted by ViejoBlanco@Aug 29 2005, 09:36 PM
2. Handling sux as far as quick transitions; forum says get EX front LCA's: what is different from stock besides sway bar mountings. Do they change lower geometry?

front lower control arms on Civic DX, LX, Si and EX are all the same -
part no. 51355-SH3-020 right
part no. 51365-SH3-020 left

Originally posted by jlicrx+Aug 30 2005, 07:35 AM-->
ViejoBlanco
@Aug 29 2005, 09:36 PM
2.  Handling sux as far as quick transitions;  forum says get EX front LCA's: what is different from stock besides sway bar mountings.  Do they change lower geometry?

front lower control arms on Civic DX, LX, Si and EX are all the same -
part no. 51355-SH3-020 right
part no. 51365-SH3-020 left
[post=547245]Quoted post[/post]​

Keeps it simple, thx B)

Back