92? 93? Cali? ECU question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badassdad

Swapping a d15z1 (yes the vx motor everyone else is taking out!) into my '92 CX that smoked so bad the daughter was too embarresed to drive it anymore. Why? 52 MPG BABY!!! Anyways, anyone know if there is a difference between the ECU for wideband O2 sensor ('92 ), heated 5 wire (93-95) and a 4 wire heated O2 (California emmisions). The price difference between the sensors is huge and if it's just a diffrent wiring WTF thats easy. the ECU list shows no variations in the computers....Yes I've swapped from a p05 to a po7, but is there a po7 cali version? a po7 95 version?

No Takers? well, maybe somebody can give advice on the oil coolers I've seen on some diffent engines. Manual shows one on the VX and wondering if it needs one. Good idea? I've heard that the oil pumps were weak and that is why my cx engine went gunny bags. True?

Sorry, not sure on either one... but an oil cooler is always a good idea. It shouldn't be necessary in stock form though.

The VX got an oil cooler since it ran lean and created more heat than a normal motor would.

There is a huge difference between wideband VX and Cali-Spec VX ECUs. The Cali-Spec is basically a P28 (11FO or 1720 board) ECU with different programming. The 49 state VX ECU has a wideband controller on board and gets better fuel mileage due to the lean-burn capability of the wideband-equipped ECU. It probably won't pass California emissions though, N0x emissions are fairly high on those motors, although they do fine in MA and we follow CA standards.

Back