92 Accord EXI Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B|ade

Hey guys,

I was thinking about buying the JDM h22a engine and putting it in my 92 Honda Accord EXI. The only problem is that I live in Australia and I have a sneaking suspicion that the engine might be difficult to come across. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any dealers or distributors located in Australia that I could talk to. Also, what would be the price range I'd be lookin at for the engine and will it be an easy installation?

Thanks people

- B|ade

Another quick question ...

Whats the hp difference between the current engine in the car and the h22a ? Has anyone done any dyno's or anything on this?

Thanks

- B|ade

Originally posted by B|ade@Dec 22 2002, 02:52 AM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about buying the JDM h22a engine and putting it in my 92 Honda Accord EXI. The only problem is that I live in Australia and I have a sneaking suspicion that the engine might be difficult to come across. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any dealers or distributors located in Australia that I could talk to. Also, what would be the price range I'd be lookin at for the engine and will it be an easy installation?

Thanks people

- B|ade

As for the JDM engine. I was talkn to an Aussie based dealer about importing a car for me to the states. They said you can find a lot of the same engines as the ones in Japan. Like, civic's have b-series in them, etc. I dont think a h22 will be hard to come across. The US seems to be the only one who is fucked when it comes to engine choices.

Yea

If I start havin a look round I don't think it will be too difficult to come across ... I had a look under the hood today and realised my engine was an f22a9 ... I was wonderin if neone out there knew nethin bout this engine as I cannot find it in the HondaSwap reference guides and on the net ... It seems as though it did not ship with the vast majority of the Accords (or at least the ones that I've seen thru this forum and on other sites on the net) ... Perhaps, it was directly imported from Japan or something ... I'm not too sure ... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- B|ade

Hm ..

I just found a site that puts u through the vin n what it all means ... It turns out I have an LX (If that means nething) ... Although I could've fuckin sworn the tags said EXI before I ripped em off!

- B|ade

In Australia its known as an EXi, in the US its known as an LX

Mine is known as a VTi-S here, but EX over there :)

Ok

I've learnt a shitload bout this engine swap in the past 2 days or so but I was wondering if neone out there had dropped the h22a into a 92 Accord LX cause I wouldn't mind seeing how difficult it is (Can you still use the existing Accord mounts n shit for it?)

Thanks guys

Really?

I've heard of people droppin a 00 JDM h22a engine into the 4th Gen Accord. 93 is rumoured to be the fastest, is that right? What year would you guys recommend?

Well, you can drop ANY engine into any chassis you want, but if you match OBD classifications, you're in for a much easier (and much cheaper) time.

Yea thats a good point man

So you think 93 would be the way to go?

How bout the f22 tranny? Will it be alright with an h22a in it?

Originally posted by B|ade@Dec 23 2002, 01:00 AM
Ok

I've learnt a shitload bout this engine swap in the past 2 days or so but I was wondering if neone out there had dropped the h22a into a 92 Accord LX cause I wouldn't mind seeing how difficult it is (Can you still use the existing Accord mounts n shit for it?)

Thanks guys

Here in Oklahoma, a few of my friends have just done a JDM H22 swap into a 90 Accord, if I can get ahold of some Pics and info for ya i will

If you want to get ahold of me about it email me at
MugenMotorsprts@aol.com

A 92-95 H22 will work fine for you. I don't see why you'd want to use an F-series tranny with the H-series engine, since it's geared longer and is weaker. But, if you've got access to a cheap H22 longblock minus tranny, then yeah, you can use the F22 tranny.

Back