92 Cx Swap, Please Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I have a 92 civic cx and I'm about to buy a Vtec from my friend. It's out a 95 Del Sol. Does anyone know if it's a B16a1 or what it is? How much wiring is involved in the swap? Do I have to get new/different motor mounts? If I use the del sol ecu is everything else plug and play? How difficult is this swap? Thanks for your input.

it is a B series VTEC right?? (the Si had a D16Z6 w/ VTEC)
if so
the engine is a B16A3
use everything from the del sol mounts ECU harness everything it will be about as plug and play as you can possibly want... your 92 so you are pre-wired for VTEC (no wiring anything)... i think the only other thing you will need is a 3rd gen integra shift linkage

is it outta a del sol vtec (b16a3) or dol sol si (d16z6).... either way it's gonna be pretty plug and play, with the z6 all you have to do is drop the motor, b16a3 you gotta do motor, tranny and linkage, but still easy.

Yes it is a B-series Vtec. I didn't know if it was a B16a1 or 3. If it was a B16a1 I would not bother with it but since it is........... Do you know if the ecu is the P28? Are there different ecu's I can use with that engine? The ecu was smashed in the wreck so I have to buy a new one. Where can I get that shift linkage from? Salvage yard maybe? Thank 4 your input. Oh also if everything goes right ( I know it never does), about how long should it take me to do this sawp?

yeah they are different ecu's, but i'd suggest the one that came with it p30?? i can't remember off the top of my head.

yeah it was a P30 that it came with.... my first recomendation would be to use that ECU, or you can get a chipped P28 if you want, that will run it (i can suggest a few specific ones to look at) or run it with your P28 and a hondata (this could become a huge pain in the ass depending on where you are located)

I am pretty sure your going to have to get the shiftlinkage from a teg b series since the delsols are shaped different than the civic and teg.The ecu will plug right in.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 8 2003, 10:38 PM
i think the only other thing you will need is a 3rd gen integra shift linkage

covered that :)

Hey guys, I have a 94 CX and I too am getting ready to do a swap. I got my mounts, got a B18A1 with a cable tranny, axles, and ECU. My buddy told me I might need hubs or spindles due to the Integra axles? Also what do I need to make the cable tranny work in a hydro car? I know I need a different radiator hose, and maybe an AC bracket? Gotta keep the AC for daily drive purposes. Any other misc parts I might need? Thanks for the time!

-Matt

:cockblocked: starting your own thread will yield better results.But you shouldn't use a b16a1 due to the tranny and obd and from what I gather from hasport you need a different bracket for the drivers side mount.You can get hydraulic tranny,or a conversion from one of the many places that offer them.Along with changing out your ecu,injectors and distibutor to acommodate the obd1.There may be more but I can't think of it right now.

Back