93 Del Sol Si Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93sol

if i bought a replacement engine, just like stock, in my case a d16z6 1.6L how difficult would it be to swap the two and what special tools would i need to do it? do u recommend letting sombody do it for me. theoretically(spelling?) if i got the exact same engine, couldn't i just take everything off the old engine, take it out ,put the new one in and put everything back and hook everything back up? if anyone has any expierience with this kind of thing please help.

Why would you do this? It's no easier than a swap. You have to have all the same tools and do the same labor. You need a good set of tools, jack, jack stands, engine hoist, etc.

Originally posted by solblu@Feb 23 2003, 07:27 AM
Why would you do this? It's no easier than a swap.

Maybe the guy just wants to fix his.

thats a simple one day project. . .

tool list . . .
10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 32mm, ratchets, extensions, needle nose pliers, slip joint pliers, hammer, jack, jack stands, engine hoist, prybar, screwdrivers, and uh . . . am i missin anything? . . . oh a drain bucket (unless you like getting dirty)

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Feb 23 2003, 09:36 AM
thats a simple one day project. . .

tool list . . .
10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 19mm, 32mm, ratchets, extensions, needle nose pliers, slip joint pliers, hammer, jack, jack stands, engine hoist, prybar, screwdrivers, and uh . . . am i missin anything? . . . oh a drain bucket (unless you like getting dirty)

Simple one day project for those of us who know what tools are needed. If you have to ask, it's probably at least a weekender. Should have a Helms too if it's your first time pulling an engine.

about the manual, 92b16vx just linked an online one that has "how to remove/install engine.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 24 2003, 04:01 AM
about the manual, 92b16vx just linked an online one that has "how to remove/install engine.

It's stickied in the general tech forum.

Back