95 f22b1 swap into 97 obd2.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdmtim44

I have a blown OBD2 f22b1 vtec.Just bought a OBD1 f22b1 vtec and have both harnesses. Wanna keep my obd2 harness and run with OBD1 engine. Is it possible? Where do I begin? Please help

Iirc the sensors on the head and block are different so is the head/intake/distributor , a obd2 f22 can be had very cheap just resell the obd1 swap and get the correct one, you dont want to put a even older engine in, and while you have it out change the intake manifold gasket, timing belt/water pump, valve cover gasket/oil pan gasket, you dont want to put a motor in and have it leak/break

So what do I gotta change for this to work. I already have the setup don’t wanna go and sell it just wanna get it done.

You cant unless you convert your car to obd1 , which would be dumb and if you have inspections 110% wont pass, again the obd2 motor has more and different sensors , again do your research before buying you need the correct swap... end of discussion

Back