96 Civic Dx B20 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bluescy

i finally destroyed the terrible motor in my dx and i purchased a jdm b20b out of a 98 crv.
My 96 dx hatch has a hydro tranny.... will i run into any problems with the transmission when i start the swap ? is the b20b hydro or cable ? :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

The real problem,is that it is a 4x4.You need a 94+ integra tranny or 99-00 si.

B) im aware that the crv's are 4x4. im trying to use my stock dx hydro tranny. will it bolt up to the jdm b20b ? i heard b series motor to b series trannys are fine as long as they are either both cable or both hydro. will someone give me a good answer ?

No your stock tranny is a D series and they do not bolt up.The ones I suggested are going to be relatively easy to find and you could probably sell the CRV tranny for most if not all the cost.

yeah, you just answered it yourself. Your stock tranny is a D and the new (CRV) donor is a B, IR the two won't mate up! You need a B series FWD tranny, preferably hydro, since that it what you currently have. If your cheap, HASport has a Hydro to Cable converter, but you will do better with the CRV or a GSR tranny from any year CRV or 94+ GSR. And to the person who said the CRV is a 4WD....WRONG...more CRV's are FWD, only a few are 4WD.

is there any way to modify the d series tranny to work ?
i have a cable tranny from a b series motor. how much are the conversion kits about ? :worthy:

is there any way to modify the d series tranny to work ?

yeah get a new bell housing cast that will match up

i have a cable tranny from a b series motor. how much are the conversion kits about ?

go to hasport.com they have them .... i still think its a bad idea though
sell the cable trans and get the right one

you said that only 94+ intega tranny would work...
wouldnt a 92 ls tranny work >?< its hydraulic. and only $300 bucks with
70k miles on it...thank you for advice thus far..

93 and older are cable tranny 94 and newer are hydro

if its hydro then its 94+ get that

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ok that was what i thought.. but this guy was swearing up it down its a hydro from his 92 ls..i thought he was full of it.. i showed him the reference section but he still wont stfu about it....thank you all for your help.. ill let you know how my swap turns out... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

94 and up integras are hydro below that they are cable. just be a baller and go to honda dealer and purchase a brand new type-r trans $ 2156.03 (j/k)

Back