98' ITR swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vsopcrxbwah

hi im a noob trying to figure some stuff out. im planning on getting a 98 ITR swap in 6 months or so, and am gonna run it all motor. what would be some of the things i would have to do? so far i have the hasport stuff:
-Hasport B-Series Mounts ( including hydro conversion )
-Hasport Shift Linkage
What would i use for axles? if i remember right cant i use the ITR ones, if you switch the left hand side seal on tranny?
How about wiring? should i get one of the "obo chassis to obd2 "ecu conversion harnesses? then wire up the extra stuff?
basically i need input on how to start this project. thanks :worthy:

thanks for help guys. but if i wire the engine to obo 0 spec, then i wont get to use the full potential of the engine right? to wire my car to obd2 i would use the itr engine harness and plug an obo chassis to obd2b harness to connect the ecu. does any of this make sense, im trying to make it stay obd2b. anyone know what the 90-93 integra axles are rated at... hp wise? thx all i appreciate the info.

Hasport does harness conversions if you send them both harnesses. (CRX & ITR) Don't use the 90-93 teg axles. They aren't quite long enough, so your CV boots will rip and need to be replaced quite frequently, but that shouldn't be an issue, since your running all motor and probably wanting high whp you were going to get aftermarket axles anyways right? RIGHT!! Go to RAXLES.com for that. If your crx is an SI or a DX then your steering knuckles and hubs are fine but if your CRX is a HF you will need the knuckles and hubs from an SI, DX or a 90-93 Integra. Hope that helps.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Mar 31 2004, 11:59 AM
Hasport does harness conversions if you send them both harnesses. (CRX & ITR) Don't use the 90-93 teg axles. They aren't quite long enough, so your CV boots will rip and need to be replaced quite frequently, but that shouldn't be an issue, since your running all motor and probably wanting high whp you were going to get aftermarket axles anyways right? RIGHT!! Go to RAXLES.com for that. If your crx is an SI or a DX then your steering knuckles and hubs are fine but if your CRX is a HF you will need the knuckles and hubs from an SI, DX or a 90-93 Integra. Hope that helps.

thats not true, i ve been using axels from a 90-93 da for almost two years now, racing, launcing at high RPMs and i dont have anyproblems at all. havent had to replace them yet, boots are still in great condition and theres no clicking so you should be fine with those. i have the place racing motor mounts also if thats any help

Originally posted by jaydemdc2+Apr 5 2004, 02:31 AM-->
@Mar 31 2004, 11:59 AM

thats not true, i ve been using axels from a 90-93 da for almost two years now, racing, launcing at high RPMs and i dont have anyproblems at all. havent had to replace them yet, boots are still in great condition and theres no clicking so you should be fine with those. i have the place racing motor mounts also if thats any help

I guess my axles just suck then. :shrug2:

um....obd-0 wouldnt be the best idea. especially if you want to run hondata

its the least difficult way of installing the engine, but obd-1 would be best(most ecus for DOHC VTEC, and Hondata compatible.
for obd-1 add distributer, injectors, ecu, conversion harness, 4 wire o2 sensor.

Originally posted by crx_16x@Apr 8 2004, 03:19 PM
Use OBD-2 and get Apex power FC

for hondas

Hondata > Fower FC.

its an amazing tunint tool for Toyota Nissan and the like, But Hondata ownes Power FC for Hondas.

I've done a ITR swap into a 88 CRX Si, including the hydro tranny, and OBD2 wiring.

Was fun. B)

Back