98 Prelude NO INJECTOR PULSE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

theman0521

I own a 98 Prelude supercharged, I just put the supercharger on in September. About late November when I started the car it seemed ok, I turned on the lights and saw the tac jumping around erraticly and then realized the car sounded like it was running on two cylinders. It did this for two days and proceded to not run at all. It has been a month and a half now and I have gotten no where. I found out I had intermitten injector pulse, about 1 time out of four. I first replaced the distributor because they were known to go bad, I checked and I thought it was bad but I was wrong. Then I replaced the fuel pump because I knew it was gonig bad any way. I then checked the cam, crank , tdc sensor. All seem to be getting to the computer just fine. At one time the computer through out a code for TDC no signal and one other code but the wire fell out I didn't see what it was and of course now I can't get the code back. So I next I swapped out the computer, I used a 98 gsr computer because this didn't have any antitheft system. Still nothing, only now over the course of checking everything it slowly got worse and now I have no injector pulse. Please I need Help, I am pretty good with cars but Icould relly use some help on this one.

jackson SC??

i'm curious as to how you came to the conclusion that you have no injector pulse? do you have a standalone that monitors pulse width?

Yes, it is Jackson SC. I checked it with a noide light. I also checked the wire for continuity and that could carry voltage and it is fine.

have you plugged up an OBDII scanner? sure the ecu stored the codes for what is causing this..

I'd suggest trying that... they can be had pretty cheaply..

No codes, like I said I used a jumper wire to make the computer put any codes it had even the ones that only appeared once and it gave me nothing. I did this several times using a snap on scanner and of course the one time I got a code the jumper wire fell out and I lost and could not get it back. The one code I saw before it disapeared was for a TDC no pulse, but the TDC is only supposed to be a back up fo the cam and crank sensors, But I have checked all three and thay are all working fine.

Also do I have this in the right forum or should it be in the Gen. tech and maint or even in both.
Thanks.

Back