99 Civic hatchback with first gen B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jacky

Hello,

Which harness and ecu do i need to swap a first gen B16 into my 99 civic hatchback? Or can i use my own harness with some modification?

Thanks for any help.
Jacky

in most states, this swap is illegal. consult your dmv.

the easiest thing to do is the use your cars' harness, and add in wires for vtec, etc.
you will also need obd2 b16 components, such as distributor, alternator, etc.

or, you can meet half way... convert both the car and the motor to obd1.

then, the tranny won't work. 1st gens are cable. your car is hydro. it will need to be conversioned, or a new tranny picked up.

long story short, it will probably cost you more to get this in your car than if you just bought a 2nd gen b16.

in most states, this swap is illegal. consult your dmv.

the easiest thing to do is the use your cars' harness, and add in wires for vtec, etc.
you will also need obd2 b16 components, such as distributor, alternator, etc.

or, you can meet half way... convert both the car and the motor to obd1.

then, the tranny won't work. 1st gens are cable. your car is hydro. it will need to be conversioned, or a new tranny picked up.

long story short, it will probably cost you more to get this in your car than if you just bought a 2nd gen b16.

Thanks for the help.

My story is my brother has a 98 sedan with a first gen B16 swap done to it. But he's sellling his car. So i wanna take the whole harness and motor swap from his car into my 99 hatch back. And put my 99 hatch motor and harness back into his car. What can i do?

Thanks

I think his first gen motor with first gen harness with chipped P28. And my friend just finished putting his motor into my car but won't fired up. He sais it's no fuel.

Thanks for any help.

Back