A/C Delete

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Okay, when I bought my car, the A/C system came un-charged (due to an altercation with the rear of a minivan). I haven't thought of getting it recharged, due to the fact my engine is underpowered as it is, and since I don't do enough highway driving to justify the fuel mileage. I've already unbolted the condenser, piping, etc - but the compressor is still on the car.

Does the AC compressor on a 94' D15B7 have its own belt? If so, would removing the belt and leaving the associated crank pulley attached cause any problems?

Thanks for any advise.

Is it easy to remove AC on 95 civic DX coupe ... i hear its hard but you guys act like its easy.... im getting my motor with new head gasket this week so i was thinking about ac removal. wassssitiz?

Hardest part is breaking the damn fittings loose. Took about 1 can of PB, and a very large breaker bar to un-do. As for decharging, don't take it to a shop. As shady as it is, most rad/AC shops will rape you to decharge a system. Just undo the fittings until they leak a little. Let it slowly de-pressurize. Then completely undo the system. However, always open up the low-presure side.

Back