A f20c swap in a foxbody mustang

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you have to ask, then you can't do it.

people who are able to do custom shit like this just get the parts and do it.

you'll need custom mounts, drivelines, wiring, etc. if you have to ask, it's above your head.

There's a reason why no body wants to do it; it's taking a stock D15 out of a CRX and swapping in a 750cc bike engine. Sure, the bike engine probably makes more HP but it's not going to have enough torque or gears to really get that CRX moving. You're better off swapping in a bigger motor like a +3l v6. With the F20C in a foxbody, the V8 drivers won't be pissed off, they'll just be laughing at you.

Plus, if you have to ask, then you probably don't have the money or can't do it yourself. It's honestly pretty simple and straight forward; except every part would have to be fabricated and the complete motor rewired or even a standalone wired in.

There's a reason why no body wants to do it; it's taking a stock D15 out of a CRX and swapping in a 750cc bike engine. Sure, the bike engine probably makes more HP but it's not going to have enough torque or gears to really get that CRX moving. You're better off swapping in a bigger motor like a +3l v6. With the F20C in a foxbody, the V8 drivers won't be pissed off, they'll just be laughing at you.

:werd:

It seems like the OP just looked at some horsepower specs for the F20C and said "ZOMG!!!!!!!11 It's got 10 more horses then the 5.0 engine!!!!!!111" without thinking about the torque or the power-band or anything else...

OP, did you just wreck you Monte racing a Viper through a contruction site?

Thats the only reason I can imagine would wanna make you swap a Honda motor into a heavy domestic car that was orinally powered by a V8.

OP, did you just wreck you Monte racing a Viper through a contruction site?

Thats the only reason I can imagine would wanna make you swap a Honda motor into a heavy domestic car that was orinally powered by a V8.

tokyo drift FTW!

keep in mind the 91 mustang coupe weighs less than the s2000 and the stang came with a 88 hp motor. but i dont like the ideal either just saying.

Last edited:
keep in mind the 91 mustang coupe weighs less than the s2000 and the stang came with a 88 hp motor. but i dont like the ideal either just saying.

Still though, wouldn't it make more sense to just drop a Ford V8 then try and make the S2K engine work? It would probably be a much easier install (unless the 4-banger Mustangs have a shorter front end?) and it will have tons more torque...

the f20c put out more torque and hp than the stang i have in mind but yes it would be way easier to just do the v8 swap then have more torque that the honda i think its a insult to honda to do such a swap lol

i say do it. why not?

people put everything and anything in automobiles nowadays. may not be practical, but original :thumbsup:

Back