a6 head on z6 block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmtcrxsir

well actually the block is not a z6. its actually a JDM D16a (which is similar to a D16z6)

I know this is a weird setup, but i blew the head. And i have an extra a6 head laying around. So i dropped that to the z6 block. And I tried using the Z6 timing belt. And it seems to be a bit short. And its very tight, can not even put belt on the tensioner. What timing belt should i use?

Is it true that i have to buy the timing belt that matches the head and I should be fine?

freaking im having problems installing the timing belt. I used the z6 tensioner and a6 timing belt. The belt seems to be a bit loose and when i used the a6 tensioner and a6 timing belt. The timing belt is also loose. Im so confused and dont know what timing belt to use now.

When i tried turning the crank by with the timing belt installing. The timing belt would pop out and go back again. So i know its loose. Could it be that i am using a timing belt from AutoZone? I know it would be better if i were to get a OEM one. But they want too much for it.

the block is a JDM D16a (similar to a z6) could it be that much of a difference?

Please refer to our FAQ. There is no need to post your topic more than once.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue your question in the other thread that you started.

Thanks, Moderating Team

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back