AAAAAirbag light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SimonSez

The vehicle is a '97 Accord.
The reocurring problem is the SRS airbag light on the dashboard. It remains "ON". I've reset it several times only to have it return to the 'ON' status before the day is through. At the time this issue surface I think it flashed a 5-3 DTC (using a SCS at the MES). The code flashed only once indicating (I assume) an intermittent failure.
Now, while checking DTC's (and to reset it), it's flashing a "Normal" sequence: On - Bulb check period - On. AHHHH!!!!

I'd really like to 'fix' it this month (yeah, right) as the inspection is due. I'm open to suggestions other than "Pulling the lamp out of the loop" or "Put electrical tape over the display".

BTW.... This episode all began "Out of the Blue". Nothing was being modified, added or installed. Just noticed one day that it never cut off.

Thanks

Is this the right area to post this?
I reset it right before I had it inspected, but the MF'r is back on :angry:

The Helm manual is of -0- help, short of listing codes and diagnosing a "light off" state.
I guess I is just SOL.
The error code is actually 6-2 (repla$e unit), but it is still intermittent....which in this case I believe means the same as phucked.

Back