ACCORD 6 CYL INTO CRX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AZEROTH

Im not sure if it will fit but thats what i want to do with my CRX, i dont drive it cause its a night project of mine, i need a sick swap like this, "theres no substitute for cubic inches."

The j30A1 engine in the accord v6 is just about the last thing you want to swap into your ride. It's plagued by a castrated econo-cam that only lifts HALF an intake valve below 3500 rpm's, and is therefore majorly lacking in low end power like other 6 cylinders. If you're going to be swapping a v6 in there i'd look at acura's j32a2 in the cl-s, it is just like the j30, but with no crappy cams. Check this site out, real helpful people:

www.accordv6.com

The engine is pretty big anyways, i doubt it will fit into a cr-x. :)

get a b20 block, have it resleeved and make 250whp with a vtec head.

obviously its not the easiest swap, but if built correctly these setups are monsters.

Drop that shit...drop a h22 in there...or if ur going for boost drop an h23 in there and u will have to suffer a while with mediocre power...and then slap the turbo on...or even a supercharger

Originally posted by chet@Jan 1 2003, 11:05 AM
get a b20 block, have it resleeved and make 250whp with a vtec head.

obviously its not the easiest swap, but if built correctly these setups are monsters.

i'm with him :werd:

Originally posted by h22freshman@Jan 10 2003, 12:59 PM
Drop that shit...drop a h22 in there...or if ur going for boost drop an h23 in there and u will have to suffer a while with mediocre power...and then slap the turbo on...or even a supercharger

That is still one huge fucking motor to be putting in a CRX, lets hope that this guy doesn't want to go around curves at any high amount of speed

Back