Adding Another Civic To The Mix...

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
I finalized the purchase tonight... here's how it breaks down:

89 Civic CRX Si
- SOHC ZC engine with mild port & polish
- ZC transmission (super short gears) with OEM LSD (I tested it)
- intake
- DC 4-2-1 header
- custom exhaust
- short shifter
- aftermarket (dunno brand) steering wheel
- coilover sleeves on stock shocks

It's black and has some body damage, but nothing major. Here are the extra parts I'm getting with it:

All from 90 CRX Si:
- transmission
- all suspension.. struts, arms, rear disc brakes, front slotted rotors
- rack & pinion assembly
- 2 doors without glass (to fix dents)
- hatch with glass
- right rear quarter section (to fix dents)
- rear bumper cover
- tons more, I think I'm getting an extra DX engine too

$1600. I paid him half today, and will pay half on title transfer and receipt of car and parts. I ran a CARFAX check on it, and everything came up clean except for one failed emissions test- but that was on the original engine. The only drawback is that I don't get the rims that are on it now, so he's looking into getting me some tires for my old wheels really cheap. I drafted up a contract and we have it all in writing with signatures and everything. He has one week to get it all together, rip out the stereo and rims, and bring it over to me.

Soooooooo now I have an unlimited CARFAX account with a month left. Who wants reports? I'll run them for cheap. :D

I voted you suck bro b/c i want a damn rex. Stupid Oklahoma demand for them drove the price up to around 2800-3500 for one. :angry:

Its cool that you got a rex for a 2nd car. Sounds like one hell of a deal also. Congrats! Time for a beater/parts carrying truck :D

Sounds nice bro, post some pics soon. I want a CARFAX report to, so like email me or sumthin.

:p to B :lol:

I'll post pics when I finally get the car... it isn't in the best of shape on the outside, but the drivetrain is what I was more worried about. This isn't a project car for me- just reliable transportation.

If you guys want CARFAX reports run, PM me.

I voted you suck coz you paid 900 more than I did for my 90 Si :p
But you got a whole lot more shit--all I got was a new 1/4 panel and the Si rims with new tires :huh:

Originally posted by Afipunk21+?-->
Afipunk21 @ ?) said:
I voted you suck coz you paid 900 more than I did for my 90 Si :p
But you got a whole lot more shit--all I got was a new 1/4 panel and the Si rims with new tires :huh:

Well, that's a pretty good deal down here in Dallas, where everything is expensive. That ZC LSD transmission is hard to find too. I forgot that it's already got an STR fuel rail and AEM pulleys/cam gear in it too.

Originally posted by Hexen@?
I said you suck because that car is faster than mine :(

Sorry man. :lol:

Originally posted by DarkHand@?
Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 13 2003, 02:15 PM
This isn't a project car for me- just reliable transportation.

Sure, you say that now... :)

It'll definitely get wrenched on... just nowhere near as much as my sedan. I don't need two money pits... if anything, this will be an exercise in cheapo performance.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@?
Hexen
@Feb 13 2003, 02:23 PM
I said you suck because that car is faster than mine :(

:werd: :(

Hey, go find yourself a CRX already swapped for dirt cheap. Go inherit someone else's headache... :eek: :lol:

I'm just glad that he wasn't really trying to sell the car- there was nothing wrong with it, he just mentioned it to Intercrew in passing, who immediately called me and that's that.

:D

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Feb 13 2003, 08:24 PM
congrats on the CRX bro. :) they are sweet ass little cars. they are in my list of next cars to do as a project. :)

Cool is cool. :lol:
You know I just do these polls to screw around though... I think I have a poll on just about every thread I start. :lol:

So........ CRX for your project car huh? Wanna buy this one when I'm through driving it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CRX's are in, y0! You know we gotta have the happening shit....and I bought my rex BEFORE the REXplosion, so I am the trendsetter :ghey:

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 13 2003, 10:45 PM
CRX's are in, y0! You know we gotta have the happening shit....and I bought my rex BEFORE the REXplosion, so I am the trendsetter :ghey:

Nah, I didn't really care that it was a CRX- I just wanted something that was in that price range, and reliable. This was too good of a deal, so I couldn't pass it up. Hell, I can resell most of the parts anyway, then sell the CRX for $1000 and turn a profit in the end if I really want to. These are the cars I was looking at:

BMW 318 (older models)
Honda Civic
Toyota Tercel
Honda Accord
Toyota Camry
Mazda MX-3
Mazda 323
Geo Prizm
Geo Storm
Isuzu pickups
Toyota pickups
Mazda pickups
Mitsubishi pickups
Nissan pickups
Nissan Sentra
Nissan Stanza
Volvo 240/740/840
Mercedes-Benz 190x
Toyota Celica... AE86 y0!

I looked at a LOT of cars over the past few weeks- any one of those that panned out would have been bought. I just happened to get the good deal on the CRX.

:lol:

Back