Yet another honda added to the stable. Pix of my new rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yeah, its 1/8th mile, high 9s in the 8th is roughly mid/low 15s in the quarter. I would guess it would run a 15.4 or something very close to that.

Note in the video that you can only hear one car's exhaust.. Its his. I love my exhaust.
Hows the drone on the highway? I have a Cherry Bomb Turbo which looks to be a similar design. I love it around town, but the drone on the highway is still pretty bad.

Do a test and tune night at any drag strip. People bring all kinds of stuff. I've seen guys racing their dragsters while their wives raced in the truck they used to tow the dragster up to the track. Pickups, SUVs, it doesn't matter. Its a rush no matter what you are in. Almost put the element on the track to see what it would do.. Its all wheel drive, so it would have launched nicely..
I once saw a CRV run something in the 20s at Englishtown. Then I realized that I paid $20 to get in and watch and he only paid $10 and ran his car down the track once.

Hows the drone on the highway? I have a Cherry Bomb Turbo which looks to be a similar design. I love it around town, but the drone on the highway is still pretty bad.

Honestly, that muffler is only a little louder than stock. I would say that the drone from the intake is twice as loud as the exhaust is both at full throttle and cruising. I can hear it while cruising, but my car isn't the best test platform to judge such things, as I have zero sound insulation and a completely gutted interior. I will say its the quietest aftermarket exhaust I have ever heard on a CRX.

Honestly, that muffler is only a little louder than stock. I would say that the drone from the intake is twice as loud as the exhaust is both at full throttle and cruising. I can hear it while cruising, but my car isn't the best test platform to judge such things, as I have zero sound insulation and a completely gutted interior. I will say its the quietest aftermarket exhaust I have ever heard on a CRX.
True. Well my next big purchase is going to be a welder so maybe I'll play around with a few mufflers and a db meter. And after that, if I'm still not satisfied with the noise level, there is always Dynomat.

Be sure and get the "super turbo" setup with an "S" path inside. They make several lines of mufflers that are very loud. And the some of the super turbos don't have the S inside so the casings can be made with different outlets.. That hurts the flow of the muffler.

I would call it a hair above average for a b18a crx on street tires. Check around for people who post real numbers. Not "I gots a 12 second honda yo!" But real numbers. Its respectable.

Damn, the guy in the B20/VTEC swapped car must've really been clueless. I was running right at 8 seconds in the 1/8...

Good times on your CRX though! My fenders always looked like that too. S-03 tire shredding looks more uh... "splashy" than that though.

So, the B18 developed a slight knock on startup, and a very slight knock at 3500+rpm.. So some exploratory surgery was in order.

Well theres your problem right there!

attachment.php

#1 rod bearing is TOAST. The rest were fine. Crank looks and feels good and smooth by some miracle.. I'm contemplating just buying some rod bearings, slapping them in, and calling it a day... I really don't want to pull engine/trans, remove the crank, and have it checked.. No discoloration or burned oil on the rod, so I'm going to assume its fine. I didn't drive it far at all after it started, and I babied it home at 3k or less..

Attachments

• RodBearing.jpg
    RodBearing.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 379
Plastigauge the rod journal, and get the right bearing. It'll probably be fine since there's no obvious scoring on the crank.

Spun bearings are never fun. You ever going to post up an exhaust clip? Hard to tell what I'm hearing in that vid at the strip.

I keep saying I will. I'll try to get one done.. Bearings dont come in until Tuesday so don't hold your breath.

The bearings in my LS looked way better than that even after there was a rod sticking through the block. Good thing you caught it in time.

Back