adj. cam gear install valve cover ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

Do you think I should cut my valve cover, and which type of cut should I make? Its a B16A2 with skunk 2 cam gears, and a Tenzo R Valve Cover.

Well, if you bought them for anything other than to just say you have them, yes, unless you want to take you valvecover off evertime you need to tune them.

more places are now cutting holes that are slightly larger than the cam gears themselves, this prevents most things from getting inside the timing belt area, which is good.

if your poor/cheap, just hack off that side of the VC

like a half moon shape? I dont want to hack it all off, it was a kinda expensive valve cover...

not half moon, full circle, so technically it's a half moon cut on the VC and also one on the plastic timing belt cover.

i dont have the timing cover, it broke when i ripped it off, when i was mad because my timing jumped a tooth back last summer
i need to get a new one.

buy a cheap shitty valve cover.. cut that one so you can tune them , then put your valve cover back on once they are tuned.. unless you want to be the guy who is like "hey look at my adjustable cam gears!!"

<~ was "that guy" lol. but now i have ultra JDM red valve cover that is not cut.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Apr 1 2004, 02:26 PM
best is the black......... red yuck :p

came with the R, whats a guy to do? :p

the black one i just stripped recently, so its just bare metal... think i'll just paint it black again, hehe.

i had a black one, im not too sure what happened to it lol......
u should put a black one one the type r. then when people want to race you show em and be like its a b16.
i think im gonna get a black one for tuning, and maybe the winter too, when the salt kicks up it gets on top of the engine and leaves white spots, and its a pain to get off, plus I do most of my work in the winter, so im always scared to scratch it up. the tenzo r finish is pretty durable.

Back