Aftermarket Tranny Gears

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

as did in the del sol, now my 3rd gear is beginning to grind in the integra... damn used cars! but hey faulty equipment always makes way to a new performance part right? so i want to get aftermarket gears for the transmission so the ratio is closer but i still want them short enough that i can drive it on the freeway without being up in the 4000+ rpm range. i've only seen gears on one webpage and i can't remember what it was so if any of you know of a page or catalog that sells them i'd like the know where. or could i maybe just pull the gears out of an ITR?

they were most likely either sotck gears or FD's. To have fully custom gears is going to cost you a lot of money.

Take a GSR trans, put an LS 5th in there and a 4.7 FD. That should make a decent trans.

If you're serious, call www.gearspeed.com. They rebuild tranny's for Honda, and they are authorized by Honda. They can hook you up with any OEM honda gear and you can mix and match, AND they give you a one year warranty. They also have carbon coated synchros available. Good stuff. The only bad thing though, is that you NEED to supply a core for B-Series motors. I'm not sure about D-series.

They are now even offering Quaiffe LSD's as their optional LSD's.

When I scrounge up some money, i'm gonna get my tranny rebuilt by them....

Originally posted by NoJokE@Aug 30 2005, 11:00 AM
If you're serious, call www.gearspeed.com. They rebuild tranny's for Honda, and they are authorized by Honda. They can hook you up with any OEM honda gear and you can mix and match, AND they give you a one year warranty. They also have carbon coated synchros available. Good stuff. The only bad thing though, is that you NEED to supply a core for B-Series motors. I'm not sure about D-series.

They are now even offering Quaiffe LSD's as their optional LSD's.

When I scrounge up some money, i'm gonna get my tranny rebuilt by them....
[post=547407]Quoted post[/post]​

went to the webpage and it seems to be a search engine?oh well. i'll find um somewhere. how intense is rebuilding a transmission? cuz if i do what the guy up top said that sounds like something i should be able to do myself

Back