Alarm question?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shesfromthefire

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I am looking to buy an alarm for my EJ1, I am also buying a quick release with a quick lock but we have a bad theft problem here.

Who has any experience with alarms, suggestions or things to avoid?

Feel free to tell me if there's a better place to put this thread

Alarms don't work. Unless you're trying to wake yourself up. Kill switches work better. A garage with a lock works best.

Heavy Duty Concrete in Ground Security Chain Anchor | eBay

$%28KGrHqFHJE!FElNEch%29EBRNSdlSrNg~~60_12.JPG

In terms of alarms....I agree that they have their problems (in general).

I have a Viper alarm with a kill switch and a pin switch for the hood. Been installed since 1996 and has no issues still.

In terms of alarms....I agree that they have their problems (in general).

I have a Viper alarm with a kill switch and a pin switch for the hood. Been installed since 1996 and has no issues still.

+1 i also have had a viper for 2 years self installed with proximity sensor and additional kill switch (neighborhood is really horrible with car thefts)... an alarm or any other type of theft device is simply a detterent anything can be stolen if someone wants it bad enough and a properly installed security system is the best way to protect your investment. So to op your whole setup you stated sounds good and you should be good to go.

The car is also not kept at my home, it's in a concealed area most people don't know about and only 5 people have actually been there to see the car. I try and keep it on lock down because of the investment in wheels alone. Plus now I have that K24 block. I have motion sensor triggered flood lights, locked storage and its gated. I'm more concerned about when I take the car to out of town shows and have to leave it outside overnight at a hotel.

Wheel locks (which really only slow people down) and a kill switch. Park it as close to the front door as possible, etc. Sounds like you're pretty well covered at home though. I was actually going to mention a flood light too.

If they want it, they will take it. tow truck, dolly, drag.... alarms, killswitches, etc etc do nothing.

insure it. it's the best thing you can do.

best thing i can recommend is to prepare for the worst... lowjack...

even lojack is a bit of a joke. they usually put it in one of 3 spots. odds are, a civic will be parted out in an hour. and the tracker in the glove box is long gone, placed in a moving trash bin or something as soon as its found. and that assumes you know the car is missing right away.

i know where my lojack is in the V, i helped him install it. it will be recovered long before it is pulled out.

If you don't think criminals don't know this, you're wrong.

and again, it requires you to notice the car is gone (stolen at 3am.... you don't notice till 8am.... ) getting the cops to actually do something.... another hour then to actually pick up a signal....

i know you don't have bluelink, but on my car whenever someone rubs up against the damn thing i get a text message.

just make sure you wear yoga pants... cuz that water based paint shit is for the birds. ive seriously considered wrapping the whole thing. carbon or green.

Back