all motor beast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicvx

if all goes good i am going to get a 94-95 jdm b18c, and i am wanting to keep is n/a and was wanting some ideas to give it a little extra umh if you guys know what i mean. i am thinking a skunk2 stage 1 head,v-afc,aem intake fpr and fuel rail and jg edelbrock intake manafold and header custom exhaust with a universal muffler, other than that i have no clue so if you guys have any ideas or sugestions post them i a'm open for anything.

to be completely honest with you, the GSR motor you've chosen was a great start off point, BUT as for the Skunk 2 Stage 1 Head... i didnt even know they did machine work there, do they???

If you were talkin about the stage 1 Camshafts then sure go for it, skunk 2 make some pretty good cams... the JG edelbrock intake manifold is also a good choice but again i have a lil bit of an objection, unless you do some major head work then it wont even be that functional for you, and also do you plan on getting a bigger throttle body one you get this manifold? if not then completely pointless... the AEM Fuel rail, i have it, and it works great for me but again i stress this are you going to do major head work or block work? if not then stick with the stock rail and injectors for now, believe me they'll work just fine...

whats your budget look like? how much are you willing to spend to get to the point that your happy? im sure we can work something out where you'll make good power and you wont be buying un-necessary parts right now

yes, get a type-r manifold and TB, do most of your focus on the head work... a budget would be nice also :)

Originally posted by 92civicvx@Jan 1 2003, 11:34 PM
if all goes good i am going to get a 94-95 jdm b18c, and i am wanting to keep is n/a and was wanting some ideas to give it a little extra umh if you guys know what i mean. i am thinking a skunk2 stage 1 head,v-afc,aem intake fpr and fuel rail and jg edelbrock intake manafold and header custom exhaust with a universal muffler, other than that i have no clue so if you guys have any ideas or sugestions post them i a'm open for anything.

Go with Skunk2 stage 2 cams instead of the stage 1. The stage 2's are still steetable and i have seen dino charts say that they give you 12 more hp then ITR cams.

well if all goes right maybe 9k thats if all goes right but knowing my luck it won't, either way cars around where i live and being real fast just is not used in the same sentence very often. But my main goal is to have it where i got a good chance of beating almost any car that i try against in the all motor class, plus the people that shoot nitrous. As for if i am going to do head work, i plan on a 3-angle valve job, port and polish. As for the question about just skunk2 cams, no, cams,cam gears, more agressive valves,titanium valve springs and retainers. Yes if i get the intake manifold i was going to get a new throttle body, not sure what size yet though. bigger injectors,also not sure of size. A knife edged crank,rods pistons. that is about all i can think of right now. But if you guys got any ideas at all let me know i am open for ideas. But if you want to know what skunk2 makes check out there web page www.skunk2.com they got alot of nice shit. But i want to hear your guys ideas if they go along with what i have or totally different i want to hear them all just as long as it is n/a.

well if you have that kind of budget then talk to Calesta about a CRVTEC, he had his built by Intercrew. A fully built na CRVTEC will make you fly. More displacement is a always a good thing. And about the new valves and springs and all that, when ever you buy cams you should also upgrade the valves and springs and retainers. Otherwise when you rev it high, you'll float a valve so when people talk about geting ITR cams or Skunk2 cams, they are implying the entire valve train.

Originally posted by 92civicvx@Jan 2 2003, 09:34 PM
well if all goes right maybe 9k thats if all goes right but knowing my luck it won't, either way cars around where i live and being real fast just is not used in the same sentence very often. But my main goal is to have it where i got a good chance of beating almost any car that i try against in the all motor class, plus the people that shoot nitrous. As for if i am going to do head work, i plan on a 3-angle valve job, port and polish. As for the question about just skunk2 cams, no, cams,cam gears, more agressive valves,titanium valve springs and retainers. Yes if i get the intake manifold i was going to get a new throttle body, not sure what size yet though. bigger injectors,also not sure of size. A knife edged crank,rods pistons. that is about all i can think of right now. But if you guys got any ideas at all let me know i am open for ideas. But if you want to know what skunk2 makes check out there web page www.skunk2.com they got alot of nice shit. But i want to hear your guys ideas if they go along with what i have or totally different i want to hear them all just as long as it is n/a.

nahhhhh no thanks... i dont need to know what skunk makes cause i know their more mainstream than ever now... i remember back in the day when they were still group-a and z speed... i give them respect for what they did [even though they cheated with nitrous]... but i was asking if they still did machine work... cause when they were still located in northern california i do remember they had minor head packages for sale with their custom porting...

oh and if your gonna get a throttle body for the JG Manifold, its going to HAVE TO BE a 68mm, thats if you dont wanna do extra work on the manifold to make it fit a 70mm, cause as the manifold comes it can only fit a 68mm out of the box... extra match porting will have to be done for a 70mm

oh and btw, skunk2 isnt the only places to get valves, retainers and valve springs... there are plenty of other places.... for example: ferrea valves [good shit, not too expensive]... Portflow Ti retainers, Portflow dual race valve springs etc etc etc.... i've never seen titanium valve springs either?? are there such a thing?

knife edged crank - dope shit, but be careful, you will begin to see the the crank will cause your RPMs to rise at an extremely quick rate, thats one thing i had to learn the hard way [i over-revved, causing coil-binding on 4 retainers on the intake side]...

injectors - 310's are the normal all motor size to go for, but personally i want some room to work with and people have suggested going with 370's

thats about all i can ramble about for now B)

Ok after doing alot of thinking i think that i really want f/i more than n/a and i want to do supercharger more than turbo. i was thinking more towards the cr-vtec instead of the b18c, hence more displacsment, i am thinking of the jackson racing supercharger and i know that i read that there is a company that i can send the supercharger to to get more out of it but can not remember what the name of the company was,can someone tell me the name and how i might be able to get ahold of them. Also i might be wrong but can you intercooler a supercharger? Calesta what was the wab-page that you give out on more tech on the cr-vtec? Any other ideas that you guys might have post them i want all the info and ideas that i can get.

Originally posted by 92civicvx@Jan 5 2003, 03:12 PM
Ok after doing alot of thinking i think that i really want f/i more than n/a and i want to do supercharger more than turbo. i was thinking more towards the cr-vtec instead of the b18c, hence more displacsment, i am thinking of the jackson racing supercharger and i know that i read that there is a company that i can send the supercharger to to get more out of it but can not remember what the name of the company was,can someone tell me the name and how i might be able to get ahold of them. Also i might be wrong but can you intercooler a supercharger? Calesta what was the wab-page that you give out on more tech on the cr-vtec? Any other ideas that you guys might have post them i want all the info and ideas that i can get.

yes you can intercool a cupercharger... i believe the vortech kit comes optional with one... let me talk to my brother in law over at vortech here in so cal and i'll get back to you... if you want a vortech i can get you a good deal on it also, let me know

Originally posted by 92civicvx@Jan 5 2003, 02:12 PM
Calesta what was the wab-page that you give out on more tech on the cr-vtec? Any other ideas that you guys might have post them i want all the info and ideas that i can get.

Endyn is the company you want to send your JRSC to for some uh... massaging. :)

If you want to play with a JRSC, give Intercrew a call- they can take care of sending one that you provide to Endyn so you don't have to deal with Larry directly.

The link to my site is in my sig- click on it and you'll see a little more on MY B20/VTEC. It's not specs- it's just pictures, really.

Back