Am I over reacting?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
I seem to be getting pissed off at the dumbest things lately. The general tone of the things that piss me off aren't necessarily the action, but just a lack of respect I associate with it.

Examples-
I was watching the Dark Knight. My brother comes in, turns it off to play my Wii.

My Wii is constantly left on since I got it for Christmas and it's treated like it belongs everyone(treated badly). Same thing happens with the 360, but that's mine and Joe's and he's usually the one who leaves it on.

I was playing one of my games. People come in and literally take over the system. Turn of my shit to play a different game/system.

I live with my parents. I share a room with my little brother and Joe. While Joe contributes with chores, he is never asked to do a damn thing. My little brother does nothing. If all three of us are sitting in the room, I get asked to do whatever ever time.

My little sister turned 21 in October. Thanksgiving weekend the whole fam goes down to AC for "Her birthday weekend". I'm not selfish, rather than pay for a room, I used one of my comps at Harrah's. I slept on the floor of that room.

Even on vacation this year in the Outer Banks, my parents got the big room, my older sis and her bf get the next, my younger sis and her bf get the next, but my parents specified they needed seperate beds. Great in theory, but what did that leave? One room with a Queen for my brother, Joe, and me. I said fuck it and took the couch. When my mother felt bad later in the week and tried to get us to take turns, I told her I was fine, leave me alone, I'm unpacked. She replies, "Fine, but on the way home in Baltimore for the Yankee game, you get a bed no matter what." Hotel screwed up our reservation. We went elsewhere. Because of the game there was nothing available in Baltimore. We got 2 rooms. 1 with 2 fulls, 1 with a Queen and a pull-out. Guess where I slept? Don't get me wrong, I would have volunteered because I'm like that, but when we got the rooms my mother goes, "girls and bfs in the other room. Boys and me and your father in the other." When I questioned it, just for the response, I got, "Oh, well I didn't even think of it." I replied, "Yea, that's what I have a problem with. I could car less where I'm sleeping." The next day in Baltimore she kept asking me why I was so irritated and I told her it was because I attempted to sleep with a bar in my back all night. Literally, it was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever tried to use as a bed.

Our room is a shit hole. 3 guys in one room, you can just imagine. But there is one problem. I'm not a mess. My room at school was always perfect. Little brother's at school is a mess. For as long as I've know Joe, his room has been a mess. Yet we all catch shit for it. My response is always the same. "Go in there and find one thing that's mine out of place, and I'll clean the whole room." I have yet to pick up their shit. Yet my ears are always being talked off about it and I live in a mess. Occasionally I even have to remove their stuff from my bed to go to sleep at night.

Like if I flip out, I'm the crazy one, but I'm sick of this shit. IDK, am I over-reacting?

I wouldnt say you are. I dont really understand the whole hotel thing though. :shrug2: I do know that if and when someone disrespects my personal space, theyre in for problems. Even at work, I share an office with 3 other ppl. Im a planner so when someone has a question they come in. My point is there is a lot of traffic, but I have my personal work space in the office. If someone comes in and digs through the few papers on my desk, or drops their shit on my desk without waitin for me to accknowledge them, they hear about it. It sounds kinda like your in a similar boat, as far as respect for personal property goes.

Nah, in technical terms, your not over reacting. But as well, your 22, dont sit there and take it. Just move out, theres gotta be some where cheap in NJ to rent and get going till your able to start looking for you own place to buy and live in.

The whole, come in and turn my show off just for you to play Wii, would with out a doubt piss me off. Makes me glade I only have one little brother and respect each other, like if he's playing a game on the living room tv. I'll come in and sit there and watch him play till he's either bored of it or offers up turns to play. But never come in and just toss him off, he's the same way with me, if he comes in and I'm watching tv but on my lap top at the same time. He'll ask me if he can play, and if I tell him no, he's cool with it and will most likely sit there and watch what ever program, but even then, after the program is over. I'll hand over the tv to him so he can play what he wanted to play. Respect with your siblings is a hard thing to learn and gain, even harder when you have more than one.

thinking about it though, sounds like your parents favor your sisters though.. much like my grandparents favor my uncles kids more then me and my brother.. just much, much worse..

I get the shaft too cuz i'm the youngest. I have 5 siblings so I always have to keep on the ground.

I always say fuck it..... Who gives. I'm not put out.

the problem is that you're 22 and still living at home.
this is true...but dont think that moving out will solve everything. there is always going to be something to rile people...whether its your brother using your sox as jerking towels or having to make mortage.

it's nearly impossible to change family dynamics; it just sounds like the turkey's done. you know how you like to live, how things should be, and what you don't like. when the hassle of dealing with this crap outweighs the savings of living at home with your fam, you'll move out (or you'll go completely nutjob wacko).

:D

you're not overreacting, or even reacting. but you should consider acting. as in taking action to improve your living situation. is there not a basement room you could have to yourself? how long were you thinking it'd work to live at home with the fam? i couldn't cut it past 19.

:shrug2:

your family has a problem. they allow girls under 22 to bring bfs on vacations. sounds like family vacations should be left to families. without the extra people, you could chill more.

oh yeah, and move the fuck out. not worth it.

You're not overreacting in my eyes at all. It sounds like you are being slightly disrespected in my opinion. It's a shame that others do not respect what is yours enough to leave it be. The other situations suck as well. Best of luck to you with everything. I really do hope that things change for the better.

Oh, as sufikation stated, moving out will not solve everything, but it is QUITE nice when you have a place of your own, to leave your stuff on, come home at anytime, walk around naked...err, yeah. You get the point. :D

It sounds like you are being slightly disrespected in my opinion.
i disagree. he's not being disrespected. he lives at home and shares a room with 2 other people. it's how it's going to be. people are going to invade your privacy, use your shit, and eat the good food you buy for yourself.

when you finally get pissed off enough, you realize that the cost benefit of living at home no longer exceeds the happiness you could have from your own space. it's a scale of balance.

like a girlfriend....she might be dumb as fuck, but gives good head. the day she stops giving head is the day she's gotta go. it's just not worth is. :D

like a girlfriend....she might be dumb as fuck, but gives good head. the day she stops giving head is the day she's gotta go. it's just not worth is. :D

What if she keeps on giving head, even after she gets braces but starts scraping the heck out of you every time? Is that still worth it? :D

over reacting. Relax. I slept on a couch since I was 15 - doesn't mean they don't love you any more or less.

Shake it off and be a more cordial member of the household. you're 22 and bitching about everything - There is a word for that : "Crotchety old man"

Wake up from your sleeping bag on the kitchen floor with a smile on your face.

over reacting. Relax. I slept on a couch since I was 15 - doesn't mean they don't love you any more or less.

Shake it off and be a more cordial member of the household. you're 22 and bitching about everything - There is a word for that : "Crotchety old man"

Wake up from your sleeping bag on the kitchen floor with a smile on your face.

Nice, i had a friend who lived in a 6 x 8 room with a cot. Hell i had nothing to bitch about after i saw his room. Save up some money and find a place. Im lucky enough to be living in a 2 bedroom apt with my gf (2nd bedroom is storage lol) and its great. However i do miss having more food and money but the freedom is there, plus your stuff is yours. I cant stand visiting my parents for more than a couple hours. Im used to having my stuff around like 360, comp, car, my food and couch and bed, its all yours.

You and your siblings need to move out.

You are 22. You should have hit the door at 18. Its the natural progression of things. Baby bird HAS to leave the nest. You want to be your own man, but your complaining about your "wii" being treated badly while you sit on your parrent's couch watching batman. You don't get to choose your sleeping arrangement when your parents take you on vacation and powder your butt. Does this seem off to you?

No, you won't be able to maintain such a lifestyle. Yes, life is hard. Yeah, you'll have shitty furniture and be broke for a while. But man up and get the heck out of your parent's nest!

Back