Another CRX dirt track racecar...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:withstupid:

could the pickup be getting starved under cornering???

I thought fuel first but after filling the cell to the top, still did it. We spent the first part of the morning checking electrical stuff...and we found the main relay did fail, was losing power for the fuel, then we found that the obd0 to obd1 jumper harness had several bad connections only held together by the shrink tube...and one of them was the crank position sensor circuit. my buddy is re-soldering every connection at the ecu as Im hiding in here updating...lol. after the soldering is all done I'll be in to do the videos...they are short, but you'll get the pic...thaks for the ideas much appreciated.:D

sorry guys just got done putting the car back together, and Im beat! wont get the vids up until after work tomorrow. :(

love the mod! what is the totaled car...a mustang? it got beat up pretty good. thanks for the pics, always love to see other racecars.:D

its was an 86 monte carlo lol..
that car was bent to shit after that race..tie rods were jammed in the frame and the wheel would not budge..rad support was demolished..whole front frame was tweaked over and up

that was my second guess....lol. Yep that baby was mangled looking. so your running the mod now? Thats definitly a bad ass looking car.

as for the electrical gremlins we found in the car this we believe is the culprit(or one of them) for the dying out issue...bad jumper solder job.
0418101420a.jpg

so we by passed the jumper and wired directly...
0418101952a.jpg

...also added this...
0418101954a.jpg

...its my cel/mil lamp and switched to read codes at the flip of the switch. just makes the competion wonder...lol

Last edited:
ok heres the link to the in car cam video...the audio eats ass, but if you listen through the static you can hear the motor...
YouTube - Redneck racing team crx dirt track race car test 2010

...and this is from the pits...I had to record the video off the tv because the dvd only has 1:45 used off it and Ill get my ass kicked if I finalize it...lol...so bear with me until I can actually put some good vids down...but you will get the feel...thanks :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v43yWvXUBbE

Just checking out your other forum and I must ask, what do you use for your notches on your roll cages/bumpers? We got a donkey dick for a grinder at our shop, it works okay but takes forever to grind it to fit right without a big gap to fill.

Last edited:
we used a jd2 notcher that we mounted on the work bench, works awesome....when in a pinch we use a grinder cut at a 45 degree and clean it up with a heavy grit flapper on the grinder. http://www.woodwardfab.com/jd2%20notchmaster.jpg

thanks E_solsi...better video to come I promise. got a couple dudes talking at the track for sure. There may be more "rules" next year...lol
:D

Last edited:
Thats pretty damn good, Wonder how it will corner when your running 100%.

lmao rules..yea about that..itd be easier for me to tell you what we are allowed to do..

rules... http://www.speedbowl.com/Uploads/X-Car_ rules.pdf
if that doesnt work click this link..find wednesdays..scroll down to x-cars and there will be a clickable link
Waterford Speedbowl

damn thats some serious rules for a designed to be entry level class...lol. I had to have my attorney decipher them for me...shit. I didnt see vtec not allowed...how about a 95 ish gsr...lol. Heres the link to our rules...lol Welcome to Madras Speedway Madras, Oregon

We would meet none of your rules at all...lmao thanks for the laugh:D

Back