**another Swap Question**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NaStY NaS

How difficult would a h22a swap be for a 95 accord lx??? direct bolt on? or extra mounts, axel's and stuff Cant I still keep my A/C and Power Steering????? Help

Originally posted by one zexy crx@Jan 14 2003, 12:20 PM
dohcvtecaccord... you wanna handle this one...

Hehe.

Ummm, do a search for your question in this forum. It's been answered countless times.

Short story: As 2fastaccord said, it's a cakewalk compared to other swaps. Your stock mounts and axles can be used with the Prelude intermediate shaft. You'll need the Prelude engine-side driver's side mount to frankenstein to the other half from the Accord. You'll need to run VTEC wires and do one other wiring change at the ECU. P/S can be used, but A/C is a little tougher. You'll either need the full system from a Prelude or rip the Accord a/c lines out of their fittings that go into and out of the pump and attach them to the Prelude ones. The Accord A/C pump will not work with the Prelude engine.

Check the other posts and then come back with specific questions if you have them.

:ph34r:
hate to go against dohc vtec accord
butt i have an h23 in my 94 lx 4door and i keept my a/c
first you will need to leave the a/c compressor hocked up do not disconect it you can work around it when you get the engine out pull the a/c bracket of your block (f22) then put it on the prelude motor it will bolt up then you will use a alternator bracket from a h23 and the power stering bracket from a h22 and all your stuff from the accord will bolt up i.e.
a/c
alt
power steering pump
you will need the belt for an h23 motor to run the alt and a/c compressor
then you will need to just go to checker and check belt fitment for the power steering belt also take the car there so you can keep trying diffrent sizes it is a little bigger then the one for the h23 or h22 and smaller then the one for the accord
thanks
chad
kaoskustoms@yahoo.com

<---- :owned:

Hmmm, when I was doing my swap, it looked like when the Accord bracket was bolted to the Prelude block, the pulley for the a/c didn't line up with the crank pulley. Maybe it's a JDM thing. Or maybe it's an H22 thing. Or maybe it's just that I'm a dumbass and couldn't get it to work. :eek: :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 5 2003, 10:45 AM
<---- :owned:

Hmmm, when I was doing my swap, it looked like when the Accord bracket was bolted to the Prelude block, the pulley for the a/c didn't line up with the crank pulley. Maybe it's a JDM thing. Or maybe it's an H22 thing. Or maybe it's just that I'm a dumbass and couldn't get it to work. :eek: :D

<---still has a/c on his

just dont disconnect any of the ac lines and stuff. you CAN work around them..

Back