Any other benefit if ti retainers other than strength?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

I know theyre stronger so u can rev higher, but are there any other benefits such as it being lighter? Im debating whether to throw them in, im on stock retainers now shifting at 8K.

Quoted post[/post]]
I know theyre stronger so u can rev higher, but are there any other benefits such as it being lighter? Im debating whether to throw them in, im on stock retainers now shifting at 8K.

Weight is a major factor. They are significantly lighter than their steel counterparts. This allows you to rev higher and makes the valvetrain less likely to float valves.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Weight is a major factor. They are significantly lighter than their steel counterparts. This allows you to rev higher and makes the valvetrain less likely to float valves.

I'm also pretty sure that with the lighter weight, just like with lightweight flywheels and pulleys, the titanium parts allow you to rev FASTER and thus accelerate quicker than a heavier metal part.

doesnt really help with anything but reliability in the head. If you decide to remove your rev limiter and shift with your gas on the floor board...probably best to AT LEAST change the retainer. probably better to replace the springs too.

EDIT:spelling...didnt wanna get owned like erebunicrx

Back