Any Zc's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

i know that all the japenese engines are zc's but does it come on anything in america stock like integra or sumthin, im wanting to swap a zc into my crx and fully rebuild it and put an si tranny on it with a 60shot or so of wet nos system... does it bolt right up to the CRX? how hard is this swap.... by the way 89 CRX HF

no, the zc does NOT have a direct USDM counterpart. yes, you may get some things to fit and work properly like pistons and rods from another d16 but there is no exact counterpart for these motors here in the states.

The ZC comes in some/all of the pre 90 teg's. There are so many different versions of the zc, its not even funny. From what i read, the Teg ZC wont bolt to a civic/crx, you need a JDM civic/crx ZC. I might be wrong, someon who really knows correct me.

Yea,the ZC's in the states were in the early tegs and they were stamped D series.And there are many different version s both fuel injected and carburated,SOHC and DOHC.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 28 2003, 04:30 PM
Yea,the ZC's in the states were in the early tegs and they were stamped D series.And there are many different version s both fuel injected and carburated,SOHC and DOHC.

Although this is correct, the pre 90 D series will not bolt into the CRX. You have to use the JDM ZC

Yeah the pre-90 teg motor has a different mount mounting place on the motor itself. The jap zc is in the normal spot to bolt into the crx/civic.. :spin:

Back