APC Racing Seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I actually have fabricated the brackets now, 6 hours later... passenger side is in, and I am just bolting the seat to the new bracket for the drivers side:p

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Aug 13 2005, 09:43 PM
I actually have fabricated the brackets now, 6 hours later... passenger side is in, and I am just bolting the seat to the new bracket for the drivers side:p
[post=539767]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:
Nice, i did the same thing with the seats i bought for my crx. Custom... :lol:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 13 2005, 07:24 PM
shit if you are gunna trust your safety to those seats why dont you just get an APC roll cage too

10004444.gif

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product...Ntt=roll%20cage

:shrug2:

Originally posted by civicious+Aug 14 2005, 07:43 AM-->
@Aug 13 2005, 07:24 PM
shit if you are gunna trust your safety to those seats why dont you just get an APC roll cage too

10004444.gif

[post=539826]Quoted post[/post]​

Though not APC, just as sad...

Looks like a full roll cage but without the expense!
Goes across door openings…helps reduce body flex at B-pillar
Attaches to the floor at the B-pillar and at the front of the driver side and passenger side doors
Height at the B-pillar is adjustable to control ease of entry. Fully adjustable for a custom fit in your vehicle. Drilling required. Hardware and instructions included. Not a safety device. Sold in pairs.

Absolutely retarded.

That follows the same thought as the "turbo effect" whistle tips. :p

Originally posted by civicious+Aug 14 2005, 01:43 AM-->

10004444.gif

"Looks like a full roll cage but without the expense!" OR THE FULL ROLL CAGE!

That's hilarious. That tops even the fake intercoolers, and the electronic turbo sound boxes.

My 2 cents on APC: "American Parts Company" and all the parts are Made in China. What's up with that? There's actually a bunch of Domestic Rice camaros and mustangs out here in Chicago with those big stupid APC decals across the windshield. How friggin retarded are you when you advertise that you put cheap crappy plastic doodads on your car that you bought on clearance at Pep Boys?

Originally posted by confusatron+Sep 12 2005, 12:19 AM-->
Originally posted by civicious@Aug 14 2005, 01:43 AM
E_SolSi

10004444.gif

"Looks like a full roll cage but without the expense!" OR THE FULL ROLL CAGE!

That's hilarious. That tops even the fake intercoolers, and the electronic turbo sound boxes.

My 2 cents on APC: "American Parts Company" and all the parts are Made in China. What's up with that? There's actually a bunch of Domestic Rice camaros and mustangs out here in Chicago with those big stupid APC decals across the windshield. How friggin retarded are you when you advertise that you put cheap crappy plastic doodads on your car that you bought on clearance at Pep Boys?
[post=552872]Quoted post[/post]​

Same thing where I live. I've never understood why anybody would care to advertise the fact that they buy their "performance parts" from Autozone, but whatever...

What really gets me is that I see cars and trucks driving around with an APC windshield banner or APC stickers in the windows...but no ghey tail lights or fart cans or "M3" mirrors or anything...they're just sporting the sticker!

Let's think about this...APC parts are crappy and ricey...putting stickers on your car for parts that you don't have is also tacky and ricey...so then could putting APC stickers on your car when you don't even have any APC parts be the ultimate rice?!? :blink:

Originally posted by eg6sir@Sep 12 2005, 12:00 PM
what with everyone and the word rice....
[post=553065]Quoted post[/post]​

Rice=tacky and useless car modifications

Our conversation was revolving around tacky and useless car parts, hence the use of the terms "rice" and "ricey." It's not a racial slur nor is it meant to be, so don't get all huffy over it (if that's what you're doing)...

Originally posted by 94accordex@Sep 12 2005, 11:56 AM
What really gets me is that I see cars and trucks driving around with an APC windshield banner or APC stickers in the windows...but no ghey tail lights or fart cans or "M3" mirrors or anything...they're just sporting the sticker!

Let's think about this...APC parts are crappy and ricey...putting stickers on your car for parts that you don't have is also tacky and ricey...so then could putting APC stickers on your car when you don't even have any APC parts be the ultimate rice?!? :blink:
[post=553063]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you may be on to something bud. Only thing is, they MAY have the crappy APC shit inside the vehicle.

yea man. i would rather sit my little ass and my girlfriends little-er ass in a set of OEM seats than ractive, jspec, apc... anything other than what is used in top notch race cars.

now, if i buy said seats. does this make my car a race car? nope, sure doesnt. and you can ask any of my friends, i have never proclaimed to own such a vehicle. i mean shit, the car was an automatic... not anymore.

so. if you buy these APC racing seats, do you plan to use them for "racing" purposes? i sure hope not. I've read the same crash tests results that b16vxasdhwe mentioned. not pretty.

plan and simple. guys with toyota cavaliers and chevy sunfires buy apc/ractive/jspec parts. smart people dont.

aside from this, congrats on the seats and custom seat mount fab. i just wish i could custom fab anything.

Originally posted by 5thGenLuvin@Aug 13 2005, 08:43 PM
[post=539767]Quoted post[/post]​

i got teh same seats, i used my seat brackets out of my del sol and used different pieces from there to fabricate brackets, it works, but try doin it in a del sol with no back seat for access! bot F'n fun. yeah i liked my apc seats at first, they match the car colour super nice, buuuuuuut they faded in a year, and im lookin to upgrade to something a little nicer now.

Not to dispute the claimed safety of the stock Honda seats...but mine feel pretty fuckin flimsy. So those other aftermarket seats, the cheap ones... shit I can't imagine seats worse than the stock civic ones. Feel like they're made of cardboard.

Back