arctic blast of cold coming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

We're repping some 47 degrees and wet up here in the Pacific North West.

up in the 40's today. will be in the 60's on sat.

im going to start some yard work tomorrow since im off. have some bushes i want to rip out.

I need to hang another antenna this weekend, so I'm glad for the weather.

2f06ef347865951181976df9e4c60002_zps17ae3bff.jpg

^truth

Can't take care of it before your morning shower? You must have really let it go.

...yeah. i would actually need a couple more tools and about 2 full days of trimming/cutting to get it taken care of.

i trimmed nothing but the grass and weeds last year. no bushes were touched. they are huge. one reason was laziness, another was lack of time. but part of it was fear.
there are a lot of creatures living in the bushes around my house. lol. i have squirrels that throw acorns from the oak tree. and all manner of birds and bugs in the bushes. but, its winter, and they are all moved out. lol.

hey now, the top picture is snow, the bottom picture is ice. Ain't no all weather tires on the planet that get anything resembling traction on ice.

^truth

...yeah. i would actually need a couple more tools and about 2 full days of trimming/cutting to get it taken care of.

i trimmed nothing but the grass and weeds last year. no bushes were touched. they are huge. one reason was laziness, another was lack of time. but part of it was fear.
there are a lot of creatures living in the bushes around my house. lol. i have squirrels that throw acorns from the oak tree. and all manner of birds and bugs in the bushes. but, its winter, and they are all moved out. lol.
I could give you some tips from my father. The man has a vendetta against squirrels ever since they started ripping up part of the roof. He has a handful of notches on his belt.

As far as north vs. south reaction to snow. A friend of mine lives in GA. Minimal snow will close schools for a day or two. She's from NJ, so it's not a big deal to her, but people down there have never driven in snow, they generally don't have 4wd, and half the time the schools get closed because they simply don't have the equipment to remove the snow as fast as we do in the north.

Last edited:
I get around in a 2wd pickup in upto 8 inches of snow. Its called knowing how to control your vehicle.

i think you missed the joke. hes talking about your man-bush

I get around in a 2wd pickup in upto 8 inches of snow. Its called knowing how to control your vehicle.
I agree. But someone who deals with snow every year is obviously going to be better than someone who gets one snowfall every ten.

I agree. But someone who deals with snow every year is obviously going to be better than someone who gets one snowfall every ten.

That logic is like saying that it's OK to build houses right on the edge of the ocean in NJ because you don't get hurricanes often, but it's not OK to build them on the edge of the ocean in Florida.

It's called being adaptable. If you can't drive in the snow, stay off the roads, you can go without milk for two days.

I figure I can sit on the tractor AND drink a beer at the same time. The blower attachment is a 42" 2 stage setup.
a couple tips for you on the snowblower attachment for your tractor.
1, if your driveway has an incline you may want to reconsider. lawn tractors blow goats on hills, even with wheel weights and chains
2, you will get very cold, very fast sitting on a tractor - at least when you're walking behind a snowblower it keeps your blood pumping
3, a lot easier to maneuver a snowblower vs a big ass tractor

just some things to think about from someone who is familiar with both
granted my driveway was pretty steep

That logic is like saying that it's OK to build houses right on the edge of the ocean in NJ because you don't get hurricanes often, but it's not OK to build them on the edge of the ocean in Florida.

It's called being adaptable. If you can't drive in the snow, stay off the roads, you can go without milk for two days.
I'm not saying it's good logic. But it is logic that people and, up until recently, insurance companies definitely use.

yup. missed the joke. lol.

luckily, aside from assault the squirrels arent a problem, havnt ripped up the roof yet. if that happens, its hunting season.

Back