at a loss

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HerpsMcDirt

My crx dx was falling on its face (sputtering if I gave it too much gas) while driving. I checked to see if it was throwing a code. it was showing code 18 I believe (fuel problem). I changed the injectors, and it ran great for about a mile then started sputtering and died. I tried to start it up again and it was just coughing. it would turn over once and start coughing again. I assumed the timing belt slipped some teeth or even bit the dust. I took the cover off and my belt is fine... I have fuel and spark. any ideas?

I was told it could be the brain, but I have never heard of this being a prevelant problem.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

rotor seems to be tip top. changed distributor 40K ago. What do I need to be looking for on the wires? anything? or just grab new wires?

ALSO: I have about $500 wrapped up in new parts for my ZC swap, so I dont even know if I should muck with spending the time or money fixing the 1.5.

just opened my dist. my rotor was spinning freely....... The screw that holds the rotor stationary has come out... Might this solve my problem? I hope so. Thanks phyre, for bring that to my attention.

Its a common problem with aftermarket rotors. Should fix you right up! Use loc-tite on the little screw or it'll back out again.

if only it had WORKED its way out..... the screw broke off in it, so now I have to try to tap it or fork out the cash for a new distributor. SUCK.

Again, thank you for bring that rotor to my attention. Next time I am in waco I'l get in touch with you and we can race down Valley Mills. I just cant forget my whale fin spoiler.

if only it had WORKED its way out..... the screw broke off in it, so now I have to try to tap it or fork out the cash for a new distributor. SUCK.
i have a distributor for a d15b2 with less than 5k on it if your interested. brand new cap and rotor to

I used an ease-out to grab the broken screw. THAT problem is fixed.

It got it to run today but is now stuttering when given too much gas. it falls on its face like it is being flooded or starved. IDK........

Back