AWD Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hondatuning" magazine did a couple articles on making an Integra AWD, using a CRV tranny and drivetrain with a type-R motor. They had MAD problems with it, but it worked... Had to do ALOT of fabrication to make it work, but it worked. If I wasn't so drunk, I'd look through my collection and find it for you, but i'm sure you could do some research and find it yourself. I say go for it!

thats the best body style truck Ive ever seen that shit is wild son

Just get an AWD 5 door 88-91 Civic... they come with a six speed, awd, and a nice li'l 1.6L sohc engine...

300 HP TURBO ZC, Anyone? :)

That's a project I'd like to do.

Bisimoto's H2D adapter kit allows for a D-series transmision to be bolted to a H-series engine. a lot easier, if the transmision can take the HP...

Imagine have a fully built B20 Vtech with a gsr Head Fully rebuilt for a drag 4 turbo in the engine bay. That combantion would have too much touqe and hp to lock up the wheels at a high rpm..... Now being able to do what a tsi could do with awd would be a great acomplishment. I may be making a few phone calls to see if I can get some sponser to pay for some of the cost and maybe have a full article in a mag. coviering the step by step how to convert to awd.

ITS NICE TO DREAM BUT GOOD LUCK..

the crv tranny needs to be used. its gearing sucks.
it adds 800-900 lbs to your car.
its a lot of loot.

its not worth it

800-900 lb tranny!!!! There is no way the tranny alone weighs that much. I saw a civic recently with a b20 swap btw and they were running a CRV 5 speed tranny because it came with the motor and they didn't want to buy another one.

I know it's not right, but I'm going to post anyway.

Honda already makes an AWD car. It's called the Legend (or acura rl). Save your pennies for that "upgrade".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back