B16 A/C

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

leonc

So i ordered my swap today. I was wondering if i bought a B16 (OBD1) compressor and condensor if it will work in my 94 civic ex. It is really hot here and would love to still have my A/C.

Leon

You need the set up from the 94-95 DelSol (to use the 5th gen compressor) to work an AC in a 5th gen.

The compressor it the thing on the block and the condensor is the radiator looking thing, correct? if that statement is correct then my compressor is bad from the d16z6. What would recommend I do? Should i get another compressor for the d16z6 or get the b16 one.

This is probally confusing if i got the part names mixed up, sorry

Leon

That is correct condensor is the "radiator", compressor is on the bracket on the motor. Get one for a B16 if you can, and a P30 bracket, or one from a CRV/DelSol and the compressor from a Civic.

best thing to do is get a d series compressor and a new bracket from a dohc vtec del sol.. only bracket that would work for a b series motor with a sohc compressor..

if you wanted to use the 99-00 si compressor and use the 99-00/ CRV bracket.. that would work too.. but then you would need to add an extra line for the a/c.. not sure which line though..

Originally posted by chicken@Jun 2 2005, 02:10 PM
best thing to do is get a d series compressor and a new bracket from a dohc vtec del sol.. only bracket that would work for a b series motor with a sohc compressor..

if you wanted to use the 99-00 si compressor and use the 99-00/ CRV bracket.. that would work too.. but then you would need to add an extra line for the a/c.. not sure which line though..
[post=506612]Quoted post[/post]​

One of the CRV brackets will work with the D series compressor, it is the same as the DelSol, but a lot cheaper from Honda. The part number is posted in the forum, on this page I think. If not, you can always call Honda and ask.

i think only the 97 crv bracket will fit.. not sure..

Back