b16/b20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sy_82_nj

want to know if this set-up is a nice swap for my 91 hb. looking for a good force of go

b16 head, b20 bottom end? may want to swap out for some aftermarket rods and pistons...

do some research, obviously you dont know shit about swaps or engine building. so read up on some tech... its called CRVTEC or LSVTEC... its not as simple as bolting the head to the block adn calling it a day, especially with the b20's bottom end.

read up...

yeah i'm with brian11to1, to the reading first. Do you have the block or the head already? If your starting from scratch i say save a little more money, go with a gsr and be done with it. I myself have an ls/vtec and love it. But i bought the car already built. Its a great ride and has very quick reponse.

if you're a noob, stick with a vtec motor... IE: b16a or b16b, b18c1 or b18c5... less headaches, less hassle, easy swap... cheaper int he long run. IMO.

a hybrid engine such as the crvtec orlsvtec are goin to cost more than a vtec swap straight up. especially if you do it right.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jul 19 2005, 04:06 AM
if you're a noob, stick with a vtec motor... IE: b16a or b16b, b18c1 or b18c5... less headaches, less hassle, easy swap... cheaper int he long run. IMO.

a hybrid engine such as the crvtec orlsvtec are goin to cost more than a vtec swap straight up. especially if you do it right.
[post=528372]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
That's why i did a b16 swap! :lol: Fairly easy, i believe one of the easiest. If not THE.

i agree with everybody here, B16a is a very good choice and so is the ZC, but if you want more out of it, i suggest a GSR though wiring is a little more difficult, it's more money and time saving than the frank motor.

Originally posted by sihatchback_RL@Jul 19 2005, 06:42 PM
i agree with everybody here, B16a is a very good choice and so is the ZC, but if you want more out of it, i suggest a GSR though wiring is a little more difficult, it's more money and time saving than the frank motor.
[post=528711]Quoted post[/post]​

I believe you can run a gsr with an obd0 pr3 or pw0 if you use a skunk2 im, or an im to eliminate the IAB's...

Originally posted by Taco15@Jul 19 2005, 08:43 PM
ive got a b16 head running obd0 with the pwo ecu
[post=528760]Quoted post[/post]​

ok, the pw0 goes to the b16 as long as its a OBD0 engine. it will run any vtec b series. how well it does so, is the question.

Back