b16 compatible

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nope not a one.and if it was the injectors it would eventually throw one right?
i used to get codes in my old stock 88 dx every once in a while and it ran smoother than this does.no codes nothing it just dies out.i think im going to fix my clearence this sun"my day off"and see if it improves.i doubt it will but hey it cant hurt to try.

get a shorter alternator belt so you can bring the alt. closer to the motor and away from the frame..does your car start now?...check your timing,make sure there are no vacum/air leaks,get some maintanance items like distributor cap/rotor,spark plugs,fuel filter,etc..good luck and if you need to get parts ask us what you need and we will help you get the correct part..also check your ground connections make sure they are good and add some more if you can...

it sounds like your distributor, honda distributors are very weak, and they dont always through a code before they go out either. take a spark plug wire out and stick a screwdriver in the wire and hold it to a ground, and have someone sit in the car and crank it over if you see it sparking then its not your distributor.

Originally posted by spaceman@May 13 2004, 11:30 AM
get some maintanance items like distributor cap/rotor,spark plugs,fuel filter,etc..good luck and if you need to get parts ask us what you need and we will help you get the correct part..

ok all these parts what car and what year.i might as well replace them all.
yes it starts but it wil just randomly die out when i run inside and come out to try and start it it wont turn over until i crank it.it makes a real bad noise when its trying to kick over.for know since i dont have time in the day i just sprayed some liquid lube on it to lessen the friction on the alternator.people have sed to get a smaller belt/pulley instead of denting the frame.what size pulley and what size belt would replace the one thats on there.i wont be able to do this shit until sunday f\so for now i just have to deal with it.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 7 2004, 09:00 PM
Or we can make it damn simple and you can post the year of the car. That would help... also on the vavle cover where it says DOHC VTEC...

DOHC
VTEC or...

DOHC
VTEC

The reason for this... is if the vtec is small and the dohc is big is obd0, if the dohc is small and hte vtec is big this it's newer.

Originally posted by SpodaB1+May 13 2004, 03:25 PM-->
@May 7 2004, 09:00 PM
Or we can make it damn simple and you can post the year of the car. That would help... also on the vavle cover where it says DOHC VTEC...

DOHC
VTEC or...

DOHC
VTEC

The reason for this... is if the vtec is small and the dohc is big is obd0, if the dohc is small and hte vtec is big this it's newer.

what if they swaped valve covers?
i plan 2 they got a mugen replica on egay for $100 bucks.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 7 2004, 09:00 PM

DOHC
VTEC or...

DOHC
VTEC

This is a quick check but not always accurate. It's easy to swap valve covers - better to look at the block/connectors.

I'm guessing that the spark plugs needed would be 99-00 civic si or Del Sol VTEC?

Man it sounds like you got a real fixer upper. You totaly need a smaller belt for the alt. It sounds like your causeing so much friction your starter is taxing out trying to turn the engine over. I also sounds like you need a new dizzy. Here is a nice easy way to find out. Take the Dissy off just three bolts. Once you got it off rotate it. If it moves nice and easy it is good but you might need a new cap and rotor. If it is very hard to turn or will not turn the bearing is toast and you need a new Dissy. As far as what size belt to get take off the one that is on the car get some one to take you to the store and size it up you need something smaller then you got. Before you go getting new injectors take the ones you have off clean them up useing brake cleaner make sure you don't bend the pins. I would say that most of your problems are from the dissy. I would suggest a new coil cap and rotor. Since your replaceing the coil go get yourself a nice MSD SS external coil. Summit raceing has them for 35 bucks plus the MSD cap. Total of like 80 bucks. That way you got a nice strong spark even at high rpms. I have one and it works great. Even if you turbo. I would also suggest a new fuel filter that would be one for your car so a 91 civic right? That can make a big difference since most people neglect to ever change it. I saw a nice increase in the power band when I did mine. Try some of that.

well tomarrow she is going under the knife or should i say air chizzle "sp"

QUOTE (SpodaB1 @ May 7 2004, 09:00 PM)

DOHC
VTEC or...

DOHC
VTEC

it is very easy to swap the valve covers...if this has been done you can tell by the oil bars in the head if they are cast its obd0 if they are extruded then its it is obd1 or higher.

well i toasted my alternator. ok so today went dicking around i pulled the alt and then i couldnt find the air chizzle we had around here so i put it back on 2 take it to my friends shop to do it.i put it back about a 1/4 to far and it starting grinding as soon as i started it like it usually does so i threw a little rev to see if it would go away.well that didnt work so for 10 seconds it was grinding pure metal and i turned it off.i moved it a little bit forward and it started making the clanging noise like a bad pulley or something. i looked over the pulley and it seems ok "all bearings in tact" so i think the noise is coming from the auctual alt its self.
what alternator can i use in its place a 90-93 obd0 integra? i tried to get just the pulley but no one had it in town .i went to 3 diff auto parts stores.

Yes use the 90-93 Integra alternator, with a 92-93 GSR alternator belt.

all day iwasted fucking with this piece of shit.i blew a fuse because i forgot to disconect the battery so i had to walk all the way down to kragen after tinkering around with this thing for a few hours and now my battery check light is coming on. i think i burnt up the alternator and my starter is really shot.then i realized that the alternator is only held on by one bolt "the tensionar bracket and it would not lline up with the bottome bracket that hold's it into place. and i couldnt get the alt out of the engine bay so i sed fuck it. thanks anyways.

Back