B16 into 5th g info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FURACERMAN

I need help on swapping a B16a2 into a 5th gen hatch. I pretty much got it down but I still have a few Questions.

1. Will the B16 linkage fit? What if it's JDM (civic SIR)
2. I hear that a B18c will swap into a 5th gen vx or si hatch with out any wiring changes. Is this true, and is this the same for a B16?
3. What axles do I use? GSR, SIR, SI, Del Sol?

I think that's about it. And if anyone else has any more tips they would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks!

Any B series linkage will fit in a civic except the delsols as it is shaped a lttle different.The vtec engines will swap into the si,vx,and ex with MINOR wiring issues(lengthening)depending on the obd of the engine,and wither or not it came with a knock sensor,or more to the point if the ecu you use is looking for one.You need to use B series axles as they use a intermidiate shaft and the D series do not.I forget exactly which axles fit what car,but if your motor came from a civic siR II then those are fine.

I am in the middle of the same swap with the del Sol. i am having minor issues with the crankshaft pulley (the engine sent to me had the pully all torn up!) and getting the correct one. that is all i am waiting for to drop the b16 in. i am not sure about the shift linkage...i will figure that out when i drop the engine. wiring i will also have to wait to see if it is a straight plug and play for the 93 si. as for the axles i had to get 94 Gsr axles to fit the engine. most parts you will need for your engine are from 94 gsr or a 94 del Sol Vtec.

I'm planning on swapping a motor into a 5th gen hatch. Do you know which ones (hatches) came with knock sensors? And what kind of wiring changes would I have to make for an obd 2 B16?

Originally posted by FURACERMAN@Dec 31 2002, 10:07 AM
I'm planning on swapping a motor into a 5th gen hatch. Do you know which ones (hatches) came with knock sensors? And what kind of wiring changes would I have to make for an obd 2 B16?

Check the reference section,ECU's it tells you which ones look for it and from there you can figure out which motors came with them.

Back