b16 no vtec HELP!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mister_m_83

I have posted this on here before and nothing helped and im sick of not having vtec!! Ok first off its a 90 integra 4 door and i put my b16 from my 91 civic hatch in it. In the civic everything worked great!!! Now... I used the stock harness from the integra and ran the vtec wire, the pressure switch wire, the knock sensor wire and the second o2 wire. But I used the stock manifold off the integra so it only has one o2 sensor (First problem)... I dont get vtec!!!! (second problem) I have gone through the wiring like 5 times now and still nothing. I have checked the solenoid to see if it works and checked the screen. Both fine. Its an obd0 pw0 and I have NO codes and i even tried my friends ecu. it idles high (third problem) I think i might know what that is but it has 2 solenoids on the firewall maybe someone could help me with that. Do i just T the two together or cap one of them off? My idle screw is turned all the way in and it still idles at 1500-1800 or so.. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

Last edited:
im gonna have to brain storm on this one a bit

The solenoids on the firewall are actually the purge solenoids for the evap system, they would not be the cause of your problem.

my vtec does not hit anymore either i have i b18c and it used hit at 5500 and know it hit at 7 something :( wtf

A guy that i work with told me that it might be my temp sensor... He said that it might be causing it to run not with a closed loop circuit? Hence the reason my fan doesnt kick on and no o2 sensor codes? Anyone???

my o2 sensors are both unpluged and i get no codes and i also know its not my ecu cause i used my friends and still i get the same results

Did you check your oil level? The vtec solenoid lets oil pressure through to the pistons in the intake rocker arms...and if you don't have oil pressure you don't have vtec.

Did you check your oil level? The vtec solenoid lets oil pressure through to the pistons in the intake rocker arms...and if you don't have oil pressure you don't have vtec.

He already said he checked his oil. and that would be a double post... n00b

if you dont have your speedo hooked up your vtec wont work because you have to be going faster than 20mph (I think) and that is read by your ecu

hey guys can anybody help me? my vtec does work on my jdm b16a but it does I don't think is working how it supposed to work, i mean when it hits(vtec) it does not feel like it and you realy, realy have to pay attention to hear when it hits other wise you won't even know that its hitting vtec, can any body let me know what to check, I am a noob at this.

thanks

Back