B16a Has No Torque

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper crx* finally someone that sees the hole concept of the sport. nobody i know lives at the track, and a car is most judged in the streets. go b18

Originally posted by slammedb18acivic Posted on Feb 4 2003@ 07:06 AM
sleeper crx* finally someone that sees the hole concept of the sport. nobody i know lives at the track, and a car is most judged in the streets. go b18
I see the hole in your concept of the sport,but the whole concept is of this argument is retarded.

s3db64c4488f04.jpg

Originally posted by SolReaver+Feb 2 2003, 08:03 PM-->
Afipunk21
@Feb 2 2003, 07:32 PM
Nice rebuttable, I thought I could have an intelligent argument here...

Guess I will try with solreaver on how the ls/t sux compared to N/A GSR :)

What is the deal with people thinking the ls/t sucks compared to a n/a gsr??

A LS running 3 psi on a decent turbo will put down as much power and a lot more torque than a stock gsr.

Here is the bottom line- throw 5K into a gsr motor, which is 1700 more expensive than the LS anyway, and you might be able to hit high 12's. Ive seen countless bone stock ls integras running 8-10 psi hit mid- high 12's.

My turbo setup cost 1700, add that to the 1500 for the engine swap and i have a total of 3200 invested. The price of a stock gsr swap. And which one do you think is going to be faster? :)

LS/T owns N/A b18c1's, as far as price and power/torque output.

Now please explain how the ls/t sucks compared to a n/a gsr?

My turbo will be installed spring break, i should have timesilps by then as well. Anyone can feel free to run their n/a gsr at the strip and we can compare slips :)

:moon: well if you have money just boost up the b18c1 and see who got more power and torque. it will kill your ls/t who ever that is wanting to race or drag you cant be cheap if you want real results <_<

yo not 2 drag this arguement any further..but i jus gotta say..i have a B16A in 91 Civic..and my shit moves..straight up....Car is only 2100 lbs..and the B16A does jus fine..Vtec hits nice..lol...i dont care if nobody gives a damn...i jus love my B16..lol

I must say that the b16 dosent make the best low end numbers but i have one on my integra and its not the lightest car on the block but it still moves better then when i had my b18 in it, bottom line hp for $ b16 rules.

i'm suprised no one has made the point that torque = hp*rpm/5252

and tom$uisumd or whatever...

a b18 has like 11 more ft lbs of torque than my "torqueless b16" so before anyone bashes a b16, i would love to give them a ride in my car.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 5 2003, 02:46 PM

a b18 has like 11 more ft lbs of torque than my "torqueless b16" so before anyone bashes a b16, i would love to give them a ride in my car.

:werd: my car moves pretty foookin good, i'm more than happy with it. some people dont like having their peak power at such a high rpm, but me personally, i love it, i love hearing my motor hit 8,500 rpm

It really on personal preference, some people like the high revs of a b16 and some people like the torque that comes with the b18. A b16 in a rex would be dope. But if you had the money, do a b18c into the rex, then you'll have a monster on your hands, considering the power/weight ratio..... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ekPhred@Feb 5 2003, 06:28 PM
do a b18c into the rex, then you'll have a monster on your hands, considering the power/weight ratio..... :rolleyes:

thats what i did :D

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 5 2003, 11:46 PM

Are you saying hp times rpm/5252?

I've tried the 11lbs difference argument,they still don't get it.

Originally posted by SolReaver@Feb 2 2003, 08:20 PM
Show me a n/a gsr that run 12's constantly, and i will show you much more ls/t's that run 12's on a fmu or a smc hack or some shit like that. Thats properly tuned, isnt it

You can always just put some N20 in a N/A C1 and it will EAT the ls/t

hell if you wanna talk N/A GSRs going 12's... i know a bunch of people!!!

same thing goes for LS/T... i mean my buddy was one of the first to bring the pride into an LS/T so i believe in both set-ups... not many people may have heard of Norman Peralta but the people who have, know to respect LS/T... When Rev Hard was still known as Mann Autoworks was when LS/T wasn't even to be thought of at the track... but if i had a choice of the two, i would stic with N/A... but its all opinion

i just tell everyone whatever you wanna do go for it!! thats pretty much the simplest way out of an argument...

Not that im trying to get into the debate with either of you [knowing that i wouldn't be able to keep up with fact and proven theories you be throwin out there]... but i had to put in my 2 cents... i've seen fully built all motor car SMOKE!!! and i mean SMOKE TURBO CARS... oh and yes both cars were daily driven... there's alot of things will surprise the average person out there... you just gotta pay attention and not believe everything you read or someone tells you *wink*

Originally posted by SolReaver@Feb 2 2003, 08:03 PM
My turbo will be installed spring break, i should have timesilps by then as well. Anyone can feel free to run their n/a gsr at the strip and we can compare slips :)

whoa didn't see this post... if you wanna compare time slips then definitely BRING IT!!!

cause i guarantee by spring break or summer i'll be in the low 12's high 11's DAILY DRIVEN ALL MOTOR with a lil bit o'squeeze :D

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Feb 8 2003, 05:47 PM-->
SolReaver
@Feb 2 2003, 08:03 PM

whoa didn't see this post... if you wanna compare time slips then definitely BRING IT!!!

cause i guarantee by spring break or summer i'll be in the low 12's high 11's DAILY DRIVEN ALL MOTOR with a lil bit o'squeeze :D

hehehe, its all in good fun :)

if you can run 11's on a daily driven, more power to you.

Only point that i am trying to make is you can be the fastest for the cheapest in a ls/t, excluding n2o.

I want to run high 12's, and if i do that it will be with 3200 invested in my turbo and motor. I have never seen anything run that fast with that little money.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 5 2003, 05:46 PM

actually, you converted it.

the REAL formula is hp = (torque*rpm)/5250

an engine produces torque- torque is the physical twisting force produced by a motor. hp is jsut a derrivative of it based on rpms.

:withstupid: :werd: don't you know that? some guy invented that in the 1800's by having a horse pull up weight on a rope over a cliff or something like that...they teach us that in school man, come on...its so easy....I learned that in like 5th grd!

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Feb 9 2003, 12:54 AM
:withstupid: :werd: don't you know that? some guy invented that in the 1800's by having a horse pull up weight on a rope over a cliff or something like that...they teach us that in school man, come on...its so easy....I learned that in like 5th grd!

yes professor smart ass!!!

you dont have to talk to everyone like their stupid or something... same people may have not learned that in 5th grade like you say... cause for sure as hell i know i didnt learn it in 5th grade... or any grade as a matter of fact...

personally i really dont care all TOO MUCH about the formulas, but thats just me

Back