B16a In 89 Crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

I juss got an 89 CRX, and I was wondering if i got a full swap of a B16a engine in it, how hard it would be to convert to it... and approx. how long will it take, like is it a weekend job or 2 weeks or so... and what would I run in the quarter, with stock specs. 160hp and 111lbs/tq... like around what... would it be 14's? 15's? or what... well thanks for your time
TJ

No one can really tell you the 1/4 time,too many factors,but I can tell you it is a fast little mother in that car.

It is pretty easy,there are a couple mods to the engine bay that take a few minutes or so.You can get eveything you need from say,HAsport,and plan it well,it shouldn't take more than a couple days.It also depends on the model,as you may have to convert the fuel delivery system.

well if you are not completely changing all of the necessary thing like the clutch/timing belt, alt, starter and what not then.. you may want to allow yourslef 2-3 weeks of down time in case you fire it up and run into any issues

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 16 2003, 12:14 AM
No one can really tell you the 1/4 time,too many factors,but I can tell you it is a fast little mother in that car.

It is pretty easy,there are a couple mods to the engine bay that take a few minutes or so.You can get eveything you need from say,HAsport,and plan it well,it shouldn't take more than a couple days.It also depends on the model,as you may have to convert the fuel delivery system.

Which models do you have to convert the fuel delivery system?

Originally posted by lilthom+Feb 16 2003, 11:54 PM-->
@Feb 16 2003, 12:14 AM

the dx i believe. i'm pretty sure the dx has dual point fuel injection and you need to convert it to mpfi, which is what the hf and si have.

Originally posted by lilthom+Feb 16 2003, 11:54 PM-->
@Feb 16 2003, 12:14 AM

the only model that you have to upgrade the fuel delivery system on is the DX(mine). That model has dpfi, and needs to be converted to mpfi, and requires an injector resistor box which can be acquired out of either the HF or SI.

I own a 91 crx hf and im swapping in a b16b. FOr my swap all i have to do is get the motor mount kit (placeracing.com) mount the ecu, runs the wiring harness and change a couple of things around. my friend did the same swap and it took him about 4 days with help from me. Just incase allow yourself about a week and about 100-300 hundred dollars for stuff you will need.( new hoses belts etc.)

Back