b16a integra

mattcalica

k, i am putting a b16a into my 2nd gen integra, because my LS motor blew, and the b16a only cost me 400 bucks...but i was wondering, what kind of things can i do to get back the torque loss that will come with the displacement loss? i mean besides stroking the engine or whatevers...what kind of "bolt ons" can i add?

E_SolSi

Member of the 20 nut club
VIP
a 4-2-1 header will give you a little more low end ... other than that ... save up a few hundred for a new LS block and "bolt on" that to your b16 head and trany :)

B16teg

a clutch you are gonna need a clutch stage two or three and a good exhaust will help but that car hauls A$$ trust me :ph34r:

B16teg

actually you can get the J1 tranny and it has shorter gears and allows you to stay in vtec throughout the gears

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
You stay in VTEC through all the Gears with an LS tranny and a GSR brain. With the J1 you stay in the power band.

B16teg

yeah you are right but the fuel mapping is incorrect because it is for a 1.8 and he is going with a 1.6 which in time would float the piston rings
:worthy:

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I think the fuel mapping is actually a little better on the GSR ECU. I had a choice between a 95 Del Sol VTEC ECU and a 94 GSR ECU and everyone I talked to said the fuel and ignition maps are more aggressive with the GSR.