b16a rebuild/upgrade.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rdog

Hey, I'm hoping that some of you can give me some good ideas and advice on this. I have a first gen b16a, my plans arent huge but I want to replace all gaskets as it is leaking badly.(That just makes a guy regret opening the hood seeing an oily engine!) I actuall shouldn't call this a rebuild because the only thing I plan on replacing are the gaskets, But that depends on how my pistons and cylinders look. Also I just bought some cheap headers off ebay, and I'm thinking of doing intake manifold+throttlebody...any suggestions there? Is there anything else I should look at upgrading at the same time? or before I do my intake manifold? I can't really see myself turbo charging it as that cost to much, and I don't think I'll do camshafts right now for the same reason. My biggest Question is Where does everyone order there stuff? I've tried looking for gasket sets and ebay seems to have some cheap ones. But I want gaskets that won't leak right away again! Any input is appreciated. thanks a bunch!!!

Thanks for the info. but are you sure b16a and a2 are the same? On ebay I found some head gaskets and they say specifically b16a 1989-... or they say b16a2 or a1 or a3.

Back